Best Android apps

I don't even use Astro's gallery, but the HTC built in one, which is quite awesome. You could use the 3D gallery that comes with a Nexus One, I hear it's been hacked to display 100% images now.

The reason I don't use the Android gallery, or the HTC gallery if I'm on a Sense build, is because it shows every single image on my device and that crawls the app down to an unusable state.

Astro's gallery is basic and ugly but at least it lets me go into a specific folder and just view the images there.

If I use my Desire with the supernice CaseMate silicon Torque skin, I can jam it right against the windshield, it'll be in the perfect position and the silicon case will prevent it from sliding about. It's sweeeeet!

Anyone able to make estrong work with Windows 7?
I can?t seem to find a way to make it connect.

All pcs that have shared folders on my home network are XP, I haven't tried with 7.

If I use my Desire with the supernice CaseMate silicon Torque skin, I can jam it right against the windshield, it'll be in the perfect position and the silicon case will prevent it from sliding about. It's sweeeeet!

If I set my Droid on my dash and don't drive like a maniac it doesn't slide about either. :p

Anyone able to make estrong work with Windows 7?
I can?t seem to find a way to make it connect.

All pcs that have shared folders on my home network are XP, I haven't tried with 7.

Damn, I was afraid I'd have issues with Win7. Redliner, are your folders shared with everyone, or just the homegroup?

I just tried it for fun since Redliner was having issues.

Went to LAN, created a new server with my desktop's local IP address and used my Win7 login information... and, I can access and edit every single file and folder on my entire hard drive. :|

That was unexpected... isn't it just supposed to show my shared/public folders?

I just noticed it shows me all the drives, but I can't log in to access them, keeps denying it, even though I know it's correct. :S Oh, well, I can access shared dirs without a problem.

Shawn, do you have a password? I tried putting in the IP and username for my htpc but it says it can't access.

Damn, I was afraid I'd have issues with Win7. Redliner, are your folders shared with everyone, or just the homegroup?

I just tried it for fun since Redliner was having issues.

Went to LAN, created a new server with my desktop's local IP address and used my Win7 login information... and, I can access and edit every single file and folder on my entire hard drive. :|

That was unexpected... isn't it just supposed to show my shared/public folders?

I just noticed it shows me all the drives, but I can't log in to access them, keeps denying it, even though I know it's correct. :S Oh, well, I can access shared dirs without a problem.

Ah, it works.
Previsouly, I tried using the password Windows generated when I shared the folders. Now I tried the username and password for the Windows login itself and it worked nicely.
Thanks, guys.

Damn you all. I don't use passwords for my logins and that seems to be what's keeping this from working for me.

I run Cifs connection to shares on the Win 7 box and it works. Astro SMB also works. All passworded

You people need to stop using passwords at home.

EDIT: Just created a password for this computer and it worked. I guess I could just put a password on the other computer, but I have a feeling that will become annoying at some point.

Last edited:
Err why?

:dunno:

EDIT: So it turns out that ES explorer thinks lower case letters come after capital letters. This means that my folders are A-Z, then a-z.

Last edited:
GPSpeed just doesn?t work for me.
It gives ONE reading and freezes on that number. And it?s not even the actual speed. :shakefist: