Best apps from app store (iPod/iPhone)

I'm getting a touch, but i have a question again; i already have a ipod photo, which came with a apple ipod-charger. Is it safe to use the charger with my coming touch too?

dude, I use the charger from an ipod mini for all my ipods as long as it fits in the slot it is fine :lol:

I'm getting a touch, but i have a question again; i already have a ipod photo, which came with a apple ipod-charger. Is it safe to use the charger with my coming touch too?

If you're getting the 2G touch, and your charger is the firewire (not usb) one, then you'll be out of luck. It just says "Charging not supported through this accessory". <_<

Yeah that irritates the hell out of me.

I had a second generation classic (the really old one) and it had a firewire connection, so I've got a wall plug with a firewire port on it, and a car plug with a firewire port on it, and I've been told I can't go and buy a dock adaptor with a firewire end and have it work with my 2G touch. It used to be great being able to charge my iPod from the wall rather than the USB port, and the car charger was handy for emergencies too!

Bastards.

Hey guys, I'm going to be picking up a new iPod Touch tonight. Is it possible to jailbreak the latest version?

I got monopoly today. It's actually pretty good and has a great interface. Very user-friendly. I played on the medium level against 2 AI components, I crushed them. It was pretty close at first, and I went into the negatives but after getting out I had 6 hotels (purple and red sections) which bankrupted the other players.

I also have monopoly it's great fun.

It goes pretty quick, which is what I like too. But the rents are pretty intense....dishing out 9-11M is crazy for some of these properties.

Apparantly, the iPod Touch jailbreak is already well underway and some significant progress has been made. This is all good news, as the 2G iPod Touch has a CPU thats much faster than the first Gen, as well as the iPhone and the iPhone 3G. I can't wait!!!

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Apparantly, the iPod Touch jailbreak is already well underway and some significant progress has been made. This is all good news, as the 2G iPod Touch has a CPU thats much faster than the first Gen, as well as the iPhone and the iPhone 3G. I can't wait!!!

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Nice. I'm loving my new 2G Touch. I was tempted to get the 1G since it was the same price for double the space (8GB vs 16GB). But I'm glad I went with the 2G after all, plus the 2G has the slimmer design, etc.

Last edited:
The first thing you need to do when you get an iPod is always get a damn case. The thing almost always finds new ways of getting scratches onto that beautiful back plate...

The first thing you need to do when you get an iPod is always get a damn case. The thing almost always finds new ways of getting scratches onto that beautiful back plate...

It's the screen I'm more concerned about. Is it fairly scratch resistant?

I haven't had any issues with my iphone (3G, purchased when they came out). I bought the film for the screen, but couldn't even get it on without ruining them....I returned them anyway. The person at the store recommended the anti-glare ones, I think they are supposed to be good....but I never bothered buying 'em.

As far as cases go, the one I have from marware is pretty awesome. Not sure if they make it for the iPod.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS501VC/A

It was also cheaper than the others.

The screen is so much more scratch resistant than the back cover. I managed to get a full screen protector and a silicone case for a hair under $8 CAD. After the silicone one breaks, I might go and buy one of them leather ones.

I use a anti glare screen protector from power support. It's superb. No finger prints or dust stay on it and it's much nicer to use the screen with it. For side and back protection, I use a Iskin solo. The Iskin EVO is also good.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone :)

I know maybe 15 who has a touch and only one them have a scratch in the screen and he throws with it and actually tries to scratch it :wall:

I wish you could say that of the back part of the ipod... :rolleyes:

Does anyone have "who want's to be a millionaire"?

It's not cheap, but is it worth the price?