Best looking engine ever made?

Some really good looking motors in this thread!

I think my smallblock chevy looks pretty cool with the chrome valvecovers and headers on it, but it's no Ferrari Flat 12.

But my favorite motor is, by far, just because it's so unique...

http://img293.imageshack.**/img293/9303/brmh16le3.jpg
The BRM H-16

A brutish monstrosity! Can you say EIGHT camshafts?!

....mines....

ok, does it annoy anybody else when someone says/types "mines"?

no offense, but when somebody says "mines", it makes you sound extremely ignorant.

bit more on topic:

i saw a post earlier by thedguy, he said that most of these engines being posted are the engines in the cars we own.

why does that matter? the look of something is a matter of opinion. my opinion is that the ECOtec LSJ is a nice, clean, looking engine.

that goes onto his next comment.....

seriously, how is an engine supposed to look? how is it bland? because it doesn't have millions of wires coming off of it, that makes it bland? or because it isn't colorful enough for you?

ITB overload.

Since I posted it before...

http://img81.imageshack.**/img81/8031/581jv3.jpg

Since I posted it before...
That's just a carbon fiber cover and two superchargers... :p Still it's a nice carbon fiber cover and yes, you can't beat two superchargers

650 hp and 650 lb/ft of torque lives here...
AstonMartinV8VantageLM7.jpg

Result off all of that unleashed...
AstonMartinV8VantageLM6.jpg

dammit, why can't we have that Vantage now? and weren't those Vantage's based off the Ford SN95 platform?

why does that matter? the look of something is a matter of opinion. my opinion is that the ECOtec LSJ is a nice, clean, looking engine.

that goes onto his next comment.....

seriously, how is an engine supposed to look? how is it bland? because it doesn't have millions of wires coming off of it, that makes it bland? or because it isn't colorful enough for you?

Actually I hate lots of wires. I also hate engine covers, and roots/twin-screw superchargers are rather ugly. The LSJ isn't ugly so much as it's just boring. Just look at it, it's got flat valve/spark plug covers, and a supercharger, and lots of wires and tubes everywhere, arranged however it was first bolted together to fit the car.

05.chevrolet.colbalt.ss.eng.500.jpg

Honestly that comment was mostly directed at PB, though I didn't realize he was being sarcastic, as the 3800 is not a good looking engine, except in racing trim.

IMO a good looking engine shows off the nice bits, and hides the ugly stuff without making it obvious they hid it. Perfect example is Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, and Lamborghini. All the crap people don't like seeing, such as the A/C plumbing, is hidden. While the headers and intake manifolds are made to look good, same for the valve/cam covers.

so smite me! haha

the little engines that could:
Honda B16b TypeR
POP5.jpg

Honda B18C5 Type R
B18C5-NEW.jpg

Best looking engine money CANT buy
Cadillac Sixteen V16
v16engine.jpg

it's all I could really find. Evo had some SWEET pics of the car and engine, but I didn't find them.
I subscribe to EVO, so I have that issue at home, if you want I can provide scans of said article, but not untill I get home the coming weekend...

Come one. This has to be one of the best engines ever. It sounds so amazing in real life.

http://img263.imageshack.**/img263/6383/1ferrarienzoengineanglenr8.th.jpg

Last edited: