Can't download - Error (Access is denied)

spookmeister

Any idea what the heck that means.

It starts to download but then falls over - Also once I eventually get it going can I increase the download speed. It currently looks like it will take 1 day and a bit (10 Kb/s).

Thanks in advance.
S.

Hi Im new.

I have tried to download a few Top Gear episodes, but they just don't work!

I have uTorrent, and I know to use, though not very well.

But I have forwarded my port, and I have checked this, but after going for about a minute, the download just says "Error, access is denied".

I have gone through the FAQ on the uTorrent website, and I have tried all the things there apart from the first one, which I dont what it is talking about.

I have both my AVG anti-virus and my 3rd-party firewall turned off when I try to download.

Could anyone please help me????

Where are you trying to download these torrents from? They may be using a private tracker to which you don't have access.

I'm living on the earth, but somehow its not working!!!

Come on people, give us something here. And also errors could be temporarily, so have patience, and give us all the info. Torrent from where, which tracker? On and on... I really wanna help, but stuff like this rather puts me off...

I'm living on the earth, but somehow its not working!!!
:lol: That sums it up pretty well.

Yes, please, people: if you want help, you need to give us details that are less vague than telling us the planet or galaxy you live on.

I'll make this noob-friendly. Answer these questions very specifically:
  • Where are you downloading from? Please give us a link.
  • Is it a torrent? HTTP? FTP? Or what?
  • What program are you using to download the file?
  • What type of file is it?
  • What is your network setup like? Do you use a software firewall? What is it?
  • What operating system do you use? Windows? MacOS? Linux? (OK, well I highly doubt that given the former posts by said noobs) What version?

Last edited:
Hi

I am trying to download them from this site, so when I click on a torrent, it goes to a site, starting with M. Here is the URL. http://www.mininova.org/tor/349000

It is a torrent.

I am using Azureus.

It is a .avi file.

I have a BILLION router, with Commondo Firewall as well as AVG7.5free.

It is XP HOME SP2.

I am trying to download them from this site, so when I click on a torrent, it goes to a site, starting with M. Here is the URL. http://www.mininova.org/tor/349000

It is a torrent.

I am using Azureus.

It is a .avi file.

I have a BILLION router, with Commondo Firewall as well as AVG7.5free.
A "billion" router? I've never heard of that brand before.

AVG doesn't have anything to do with monitoring network access.

It is XP HOME SP2.
Perhaps you're attempting to save the target file to a location to which you don't have access.

It's ok, my friend fixed it now. He fiddled some settings in Azurues, and then it kinda worked.

Thanks for your help though:)