Autoweek: Crushing cars with a tank named "Larry"

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
A few months ago, I went to the woods in Minnesota. Now, if you ever wind up in the woods in Minnesota, either your life has gone horribly, horribly wrong, or you've kept the wrong group of people around. The group of people with whom I went into the woods in Minnesota were definitely not right in the head, unless you're into tanks and guns and things that blow up and crush cars and stomp maddeningly through the woods. It's all good clean fun, unless you knock your teeth out on the bulkhead.

abbot-6.jpg
apc-4.jpg
IMG_9629.jpg
IMG_9668.jpg
lumina-1.jpg
lumina-7.jpg
lumina-9.jpg
altima-5.jpg
altima-8.jpg
IMG_9703.jpg

When you first hit the car, you don't feel it at all. The hood caving in, the engine falling through its mounts, the front suspension exploding, it's all happening somewhere beneath you with the same presence of force as standing atop Rockefeller Center and watching a guy fall over at the ice skating rink. Then, the Chieftain's nose rose like the log flume at Splash Mountain, and the popping and cracking sounds under the treads resembled a bag of Orville Redenbacher tossed disdainfully into a campfire -- crack-piiiing-fwoosh, punctuated by the occasional bang! of, at this point, the entire firewall crumbling into a burrito of faded gray petrochemicals. If the crowd cheered, I couldn't hear it. Every stomp of the diamond-plated throttle produced an addictive truck roar and a plume of white smoke, blanketing a trail behind me like a German smokescreen. Needless to say, it's all very satisfying.

Here's an observation that should come as little surprise: a Bentley Mulsanne at 80 mph has worse ride quality than a tank that's crushing one.

Drive A Tank provides mud-slinging, car-crushing adventure for the masses

Why didn't you wear a leisure suit?

you crushed a mulsanne? :?
they're expensive!

(also: i assume those guns don't work anymore? :D)