Disturbing Article about the future of Top Gear

F12Bwth

This scares the hell out of me.. I think the fans should go over to Dunsford and ventilate some council members. Give um all a taste of the real village of the damned. OR. move all us TG fans to dunsford where every wednesday the neighborhood can go see or hear the best thing ever.
ie the Bugatti breaking the sound barrier and killing forests.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...opg20.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/02/20/ixhome.html

o wtf, thats not sound pollution, its music
and its at a fucking airfield, there is noise no matter what

I've heard of somthing like this before, the people in Dunsfold getting peeved about the noise and what not. It's a safe bet that for a show this popular, the BBC will help them find a new airfield/track.

No Boss said:
It's a safe bet that for a show this popular, the BBC will help them find a new airfield/track.

True - if they can't use Dunsfold the BBC will find somewhere for them

i hope they would help. its not like they do that everyday or some shit. :( i just hope it doesnt ruin anything for top gear.

"fierce opposition from local people" HA! That's only the old fogies with nothing better to with their time!! Bet they didn't complain when it was in use during WWII! And with a whole lot more noise and pollution to boot!
Just goes to show what the government and a bunch of loonies can do to a nation, who actually think that by getting rid of TG on an airfield they are helping to reduce pollution! ,yet, at the same time, they couldn't care less about it when they go on their hols by plane and cause more pollution in one take-off and landing than by using 600 cars all day without stopping!
Disinformation is obviously the name of the game in today's societies... but, HAVE NO FEAR, as FINALGEAR IS HERE to put you right!
(hey, that sounds a bit catchy, actually!)

hokiethang said:
fbc said:
No Boss said:
It's a safe bet that for a show this popular, the BBC will help them find a new airfield/track.

I'll offer my backyard... :-D

Just come to the Aussie outback, whack down a patch of ashphalt and you'll be right. No worries about complaints from the neighbours ;)

Very true though, for this shows huge popularity, they will find somewhere else.

It's really amusing to see people complaining about noise who choose to live near an airfield. It's like people complaining of traffic who live near a race track/sports stadium. Seems like the Nanny State is on a tear in Great Britain and I would wager that the authorities will win despite the show being such a cash cow for the BBC. Maybe they could relocate a track to the Isle of Mann. :thumbsup:

"Dunsfold aerodrome was operated until recently by British Aerospace. It was sold to Dunsfold Park Ltd which this week unveiled plans to turn the former Second World War airfield into "Britain's most sustainable village" by building more than 2,500 homes."

Keep the track there, give it to Top Gear and make it a new F1 circuit, build houses around it, and sell them to gearheads, F1 drivers, team members, auto journalists, and make the area exempt from taxes. Monaco, U.K.

Maybe they could relocate a track to the Isle of Mann.

...was just gonna say that...

Or how about the Nurburgring? Jeremy and co. could move into the castle in the middle of the track, and they could film there? He might not get on well with the locals, it being Germany and all, but what a location!

klutch said:
Keep the track there, give it to Top Gear and make it a new F1 circuit, build houses around it, and sell them to gearheads, F1 drivers, team members, auto journalists, and make the area exempt from taxes. Monaco, U.K.

You sir, are a visionary :thumbsup:

ishigakisensei said:
Maybe they could relocate a track to the Isle of Mann. :thumbsup:

JC tried to create a track around the Point of Aire, if I am not mistaken, but there were also fears about the noise, not to forget that Top Gear would be produced outside the EU then. I am not sure whether Manx locals pay license fees.
The whole issue isnt really new though, surprises me that nobody picked on this earlier.

watto said:
hokiethang said:
fbc said:
No Boss said:

I'll offer my backyard... :-D

Just come to the Aussie outback, whack down a patch of ashphalt and you'll be right. No worries about complaints from the neighbours ;)

Very true though, for this shows huge popularity, they will find somewhere else.
Where ever they go, people will :unsure: complain is what I fear

But if they come downunder, they'll be welcome with open arms :wave: :cheers:

btw: F12Bwth - Resize your sig so it doesn't kill the h-scroll. You were told before...

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
But if they come downunder, they'll be welcome with open arms :wave: :cheers:

Oh how I wish that were true... but with our government's being speed, sorry, 'safety' camera obsessed and tv ads barely being able to show a car moving? No, they'd be run out of the country :(

Has Top Gear become like a group of gypsies? By which I mean, you know they have nowhere to park up and set up home, but you don't want them in your village either.

Finding any suitable location in GB where there isn't going to be a fogie complaining is the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Electrastar~Indochine said:
Has Top Gear become like a group of gypsies? By which I mean, you know they have nowhere to park up and set up home, but you don't want them in your village either.

Finding any suitable location in GB where there isn't going to be a fogie complaining is the proverbial needle in a haystack.

The vocal minority rules it seems :thumbsdown:

There should be enough tracks in the UK where Top Gear could go. The BBC makes too much money off Top Gear to simply drop it. I guess they will simply go somewhere else, to a less populated area.

How much noise can the TG guys really produce......

(1. Tire Squeal
2. Crashes, cars through campers, etc.
3. ......?)

.... that an airplane takeing off doesn't?

Eh ?

Eh ?

How on earth can the local Dunsfold residents complain about the noise from a car.

It's a fekking airport !

:shock: