EPL 2009/2010

I don't care if Liverpool suck in Premier League play, but I was hoping they would at least get out of the Champions League Group Stage at Fiorentina's expense...

I don't care if Liverpool suck in Premier League play, but I was hoping they would at least get out of the Champions League Group Stage at Fiorentina's expense...

They'll need alot of luck for that to happen. :mrgreen:

Ngog is a diving scumbag. That was a blatant simulation.

Benitez is a dead man walking. He is inept in the transfer market and has completely failed to build a squad that can cope with injury despite spending ?220m. The production line that gave them Carragher, Owen, Fowler and Gerrard is clogged up with Spaniards.

Benitez praises Benayoun, having messed him around for a season. He claims to have been forced to sell Alonso, despite hawking him around Europe the season before.

And United are homing in on Liverpools record of top Division wins. Probably won't happen this season, as United are poor. And that is going to hurt their fans, who cling to 17 like a talisman. At the end of last year, Liverpool looked well placed to finally win the Premiership, but now they cling to the top end of the table due to the fact that Man Citeh have forgotten how to win and Villa have too small a squad.

The Fiver said:
"I don't think there's anything worse than a player diving when no one's been anywhere near him," wrote Ngog's Liverpool team-mate England's $tevie Mbe from England in his autobiography. Fabled for his own reluctance to go down in the penalty area or court-room, Mbe added: "If I saw a team-mate doing it, I would definitely have a word." Although we can't be sure what $tevie said to his overseas colleague last night, the Fiver's guessing the particular word used in this instance might have been: "Ta!"

Last edited:
^ Well put, sir!

Strange thing is that the contenders for ?top four ? status, Villa, City and Everton etc are not showing much either, so Liverpool may still get fourth place.
The Totttenham position will change as the season unfolds, Defoe will go off the boil after Christmas and that will be it for them.

Reminder
It?s another international break, so no EPL this weekend :(

? check out your national team for who they are playing. :)

EPL is back, horay!

EPL is back, horay!

Saturday, 21 November 2009

Birmingham v Fulham
Burnley v Aston Villa
Chelsea v Wolverhampton
Hull v West Ham
Liverpool v Man City
Man Utd v Everton
Sunderland v Arsenal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 22 November 2009

Bolton v Blackburn draw
Stoke v Portsmouth
Tottenham v Wigan

Think Burnley & West Ham are my tips for surprises this weekend, maybe. :unsure:

This Arsenal game is killing me. Everything has fallen perfectly for Sunderland, Arsenal were off by inches.

Dear Owen Coyle

When Burnley travel to their away game next week vs Portsmouth, can you please make sure you have remembered to take the defence.

Yours

A Claret.

^ :lol:

Happy birthday to Ryan Giggs and congrats to him for scoring his 100th premiership goal. :thumbup:

Liverpool probably had the best results today with ManC, Villa and Spurs all only getting one point each in their respective draws.
Liverpool derby with Everton on Sunday.

LOL of the Day, Hull city goal celebration. :lol:

Liverpool might be moaning about their injuries, but we are currently playing with Fletcher and Carrick in defence. Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Rafael and Neville all injured.
We're still winning 2-0 however.

Edit: Now Brown is coming off injured! We have Giggs, Fletcher and Carrick in defence now. So that is Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Rafael, Neville, O'shea and Brown all injured from our main defenders.
Luckily we are 4-0 up though.

Last edited:
Boo hoo. Arsenal have 13 players injured. Our injured side could probably make the Europa league. And you know we're desperate when we're playing Kieran Gibbs' backup and Mikael Silvestre in the back.

According to the official table, you had 7 declared injuries this morning, plus 2 in your game making 9.
The same table says we also had 7 injuries, plus Vidic and Rafael, who were late withdrawals, and the two during the match. The number of injuries isn't necessarily the problem, it is the fact we have them all in the same area. The only fit first or second choice defender we had at the end of todays game was Evra.
However, our injuries are all quite short term. Arsenal have quite a few long term injuries.
Liverpool and Chelsea only have 2 declared injuries each.

As an aside, Silvestre is a good player. I thought he was a real loss when he left.

Last edited:
My bad. The list I'd been looking off of was a week or two old. Since then, we've gotten Traore, Vela, Fabianski and Denilson back. We're still missing Djourou, Clichy, Gibbs, Bendtner, Diaby, Rosicky, RVP, Walcott, Eduardo, Traore picked up a knock at the end of time, and Sagna isn't 100% (he was doubtful to play today). If almunia picked up that stomach bug again, this side would be pretty solid. They'd even have a substitute to play if another injured left back got injured.

Argh. Argh. Argh. Argh. ARGH! Battering the worst team in the league for 60 minutes and then losing 2-0.

Fetch my gun. I'm going to shoot somebody.

Steven Gerrard said:
"If I saw a team-mate doing it I would definitely have a word. I don't think there is anything worse than a diving player - it ruins the game"

b4c51z.gif