Euro Truck Simulator 2

Finally got my copy of the game in the post (took nearly three weeks! I saved $11, though...), so my demo is now fully unlocked, and I decided to celebrate by buying my first truck (Green Scania R Normal with the 360 hp engine). Having to find a hotel/rest stop for the first time was kinda a strange experience. :eek:

Is there a limit on the drivers available for hire? I have 115 hired drivers with all but one agency unlocked and there are no drivers available for hire. It says to come back tomorrow but no others seem to appear.

how do you have 115 drivers, more to the point do you have 115 trucks :O

how do you have 115 drivers, more to the point do you have 115 trucks :O

130 trucks actually. Need drivers to fill the other 14. It is exponential, the more you have the more income you get and the quicker you can expand. My average daily profit is now over ?500k of which i contribute maybe ?40k.
I sometimes leave the game running in the background so I'm still gaining when I'm not on it.

Last edited:
You really need to get out more!

You really need to get out more!

I've only got 52 hours game time, that's only a couple of hours a day. The alternative was revising for accountancy exams anyway.

I'm at 27 hours and i earn as much as its possible to earn, i dont think i'd hit your stats in equivalent time D:

Every time I rest I rest three times (unless I'm on a delivery), perhaps that helps? I'm on Week 29 in game for comparison.

oh tripling down, must be why your drivers are earning buckets, my best does about 8k a job and the others arent far behind, but none of them earn as much as me in a day

$8k?! My best only $2! What skills did you give him?

I start with long distance for all, longer jobs earn better and get them better xp, as far as my understanding goes, with the rate at which they "cant find a job" better to get them on longer and longer jobs, they get assured xp, after that the higher earners will stick to earning ADR certs while the rest do a mix of fragile and high value till theyre one short of all in that category then i exchange for what the others did.

At the moment they just about cover my fuel and daily loan instalments and a bit on top, i earn enough to buy a new truck or garage upgrade every 2.5-3 jobs.

Also as i mentioned earlier, Quiky told me the best trucks earn the most, as in give them the best engines, as soon as i upgraded the Scania from a regular to the best the driver did better and the ones in the Valiant 750hp did amazingly well from the get go.

Last edited:
I am currently overturned somewhere around London 4 hours late to a delivery in Aberdeen with a totalled truck and 100k in debt.

Top tip: setting up your G25 on the big screen TV, isntalling the real physics mod with no limiter, and letting your friends have at it is not good for business.

I am currently overturned somewhere around London 4 hours late to a delivery in Aberdeen with a totalled truck and 100k in debt.

Top tip: setting up your G25 on the big screen TV, isntalling the real physics mod with no limiter, and letting your friends have at it is not good for business.

hahahahaha oh boy!
I'm at level 25, I have 5 drivers under me, 2 garages (Sheffield, and Erfurt) and I'm easily making 2-3 times a day what my best driver does. I have had to fire a driver, for bring in -400 Euro!

There is really only 4 changes I'd like to see:
1 - More then 1 model of each brand of truck, and maybe some American Trucks (Peter, Mack)
2 - larger cities. These cities are way to small, and should each have a gas station and / or serivice
3 - ore companies/cargos
4 - the ability to rest a set amount of time (like 18WOS ALH where you could choose the amount of sleep.)

Last edited:
Code:
#
# AI driver related configuration
#
	fuel_cost_per_km: (1.5, 2.0)	# for driver simulation
	driver_min_fuel_cost: 1.0
	driver_max_cargo_damage: 6.0		# in %
	driver_maintenance_cost: (1.8, 3.0) 	# maintenance + insurance, base cost in Euro
	minimal_driver_salary:	350	# fixed part of driver's pay (minimum)
	driver_revenue_per_km: 10	# in Euro

driver_hire_cost: 1500		# Euro

driver_xp_scale: 2.0
	free_driver_level_cap: 30		# don't grow offered drivers higher than this level
	driver_offer_scrap_prob: 0.5

driver_quitwarn_time: 3		# days
	driver_quit_time: 5		# days
	driver_no_return_job_prob:	0.1 # 10% of no return job

driver_no_return_job_prob: 0.5
	driver_skilled_job_prob: 0.8

its in origin as well :lol:

Am I just a shit driver or does the Realistic Physics Mod make it catastrophically easy to have a massive accident? I've been in countless rollovers ever since I installed it! :lol: