F1: Italy/Italia

pfrocker

Talk about the upcoming race and qualification here. And soon to find out if Schumi really will retire.

KIMI POLE!!!!!!!!!!!

and by only .002s.. not sure if he is light on fuel or if it is the true pace of the car.. or maybe he is happy that his ferrari announcement is coming.. who knows, either way, maybe we'll finally see a mclaren win

Unbelievable tightness in the times there...1 second seperated like 12 cars.... Well Kimi has the pole and I personally will be quite happy if the race ends in the same order it is right now...Kimi wins MS 2nd and Alonso 5th....spice up the season for the 1st place and the 3rd place in the drivers championship.
F1 tomorrow baby ;)

I think that either Ferrari was a bit too confident and was heavy on fuel, or Kimi had a light fuel load... Either way looking forward to tomorrows race.

Alonso's fifth should also make for an interesting race, and a great lap from him looking at how much damage his aerodynamics took from that puncture and the fact that he lost at least two laps worth of fuel (or was that much heavier because of it as well...)

Haha wow sucks for Alonso but I didn't find that he was blocking Massa. Am I seeing something wrong? Alonso was trying to get one last lap with brand new tires and for him to pull over would be just a warm up lap for the tires.

Massa looked to be far apart from the Renault. I think Massa gained some time in the second sector so that shows that Alonso wasn't "blocking." Its not like Massa lost two seconds on that lap.

Also, isn't blocking legal or am I wrong there as well.

Alright...let's start taking bets.

At what lap will Kimi's car breakdown? :lol:

Since he's in pole, I think he will make it passed lap 10. I think he will be out by lap 40 though.

I just can't believe they relegated Alonso. Utter nonesence! Massa was well behind and with the time he set I'm shocked to even believe anyone would concider that a block and worth 5 places (!?!). I may be all for a tight race for the drivers championship but this smells bad.... Hopefully Alonso will own them all tomorrow and win back what is rightfully his.

That is such horse shit!! Alonso barely had enough time when he went out of the pits during Q3 and eventually crossed the line with just 2 seconds to spare to make his hotlap. Blocking Massa during his out-lap was obviously the last thing on his mind as he had a bigger problem to worry about.

Stewards are really inconsistent with their penalties too. It really does seem like that arbitrary decision making will play a major factor in this year's championship. I'm pissed! :x

Mika Salo (local commentator) actually said that Massa gained advantage from Alonso being so close because he could slipstream him on the straights which on a fast track like this is a big advantage...

Alonso was in a bloody hurry to get over the finish line so he was not exactly slow out there.

Well they proved that Massa was a lot quicker at some points in the laps before. I don't think Alonso intended to block Massa, but the cold tires have made him too slow. That's just bad luck.

Mercury said:
I just can't believe they relegated Alonso. Utter nonesence! Massa was well behind and with the time he set I'm shocked to even believe anyone would concider that a block and worth 5 places (!?!). I may be all for a tight race for the drivers championship but this smells bad.... Hopefully Alonso will own them all tomorrow and win back what is rightfully his.

I agree. I think this is the biggest farce since James May had to land his plane early during the Top Gear Veyron vs Plane race because he couldn't fly at night.

Wow, Spyker in F1, that is so cool.

finally he?s gone, I waited for this for so long, he is a good driver, but I hate how arrogant he is..........

Interesting Race btw ;)

YEESS GO SCHUMACHER!

great weekend for Ferrari, first they got the lead for thge constructors championship and now Schumacher only trails by 2 points.

Kubica has impressed me a lot, great driver

I think it's great that Michael has decided to walk away when he's still performing at the top level, rather than hang around and perform at a level that tarnishes his amazing record (black marks and all). The drives that will stick with me are the '94 Spanish GP where he finished 2nd depsite only having 4th gear for half of the race, and the '96(??) Spanish GP (again) - where he was lapping whole *seconds* faster than anyone else.

Have to say though that during the press conference he didn't seem like he was entirely happy with retiring, as if he'd partly made the decision due to outside pressures.

Driver of the race for me was Kubica - great drive, clearly a lot of talent there (though I think the BMW's were flattered by their motors at Monza). Also a good drive from Kimi - kept up the pressure on Michael.

And of course the championship - 2 points - GAME ON!!!

Well I just dont know what to say after that race....MS and Kimi looked good throughout the whole race. Alonso was amazing even though he was not as quick as others and didn't set such good times he managed to claw his way back to 3rd place where he was probably safe with Kubica behind him slowing Massa down, that engine blowout sucked, though it gave us a great photo finish for the season.
Massa was just horrid...Kubica was setting lap times about 1 sec off MS and Kimi and Massa never made it past him ,which allowed Alonso the chance to get him as well, very bad race for Massa if you ask me.
Bottom line, the comstructors championship is wide open, the drivers championship is wide open, and a season which seems to have been bad in everything but Hungary might actually have a proper finalle.

by the way did you guys see how tall Kubica is? my god!