Firefly

Sevs753

Car(s)
'13 Subaru BRZ, '04 GMC Yukon
first off, i did a search and the last Firefly thread was last posted in 2005. so i think i'm justified in making a new thread.

I've heard nothing but good things about the series and from what i've seen its a good series.

besides, it doesn't help that the entire series is on sale at Best Buy for $13

who else here is a Firefly fan?

Yo. I think Blind_Io is the biggest fan, though. And I just might buy the BD box set when I get a player.

Yo. I think Blind_Io is the biggest fan, though. And I just might buy the BD box set when I get a player.

Really? I guess that would explain the Serenity tattoo on his forehead.

When Serenity had just been released in theaters I met a girl in college that had the entire series on DVD that she let me copy.

It was awesome.

Definitely worth the money. Saw the movie first, liked the series even more. Too bad it was canceled prematurely, but who knows perhaps this spared us the slow death of a once great series.

Just buy it. I was aware of Firefly when it was around but avoided it BECAUSE i'm a sci-fi fan. It was advertised as Joss Whedon's Firefly, so knowing he made buffy and angel i expected it to be a juvenile shit-pile. I think putting his name on it was the biggest marketing mistake they could have made. It meant that no real sci-fi fan would want to watch it.

Fast forwards 4 or 5 years and a friend that likes a lot of the same sci-fi books and tv strenuously suggests i check it out. Watched the first episode and kept going, ended up watching every episode in one long go in one day.

If only Joss had kept is retarded vampire fiction writing name off the damn cover, it might still be going. First rule of tv; know your market. He's a great writer and the show's excellence all stemmed from him, but he should have been realistic enough to know that nobody expected him to write a real tv show that would be enjoyable by people that don't happen to be 13 year old girls.

Completely kickass show. Thank you for reminding me, I will be watching it again soon.

Just buy it. I was aware of Firefly when it was around but avoided it BECAUSE i'm a sci-fi fan. It was advertised as Joss Whedon's Firefly, so knowing he made buffy and angel i expected it to be a juvenile shit-pile. I think putting his name on it was the biggest marketing mistake they could have made. It meant that no real sci-fi fan would want to watch it.

Fox was pretty much banking on Firefly being another Buffy, but when Whedon pumped out this pot of gold, they stuck it on at a terrible (read: after prime-time) slot and when it didn't get the ratings they were after (because it was on at a bad time), they canned it. So much for making good TV.

FTR Buffy & Angel are still my favorite shows EVER.

On a side-note, I just learned that Morena Baccarin (Inara) is on the new series "V"

I watched Serenity first and loved it, as did my kids.
Managed to borrow Firefly and watched it with my daughter over the course of a week. Epic stuff. :cool:

Criminal that it had such a short life. :(

[edit] Forgot to mention - I browsed this thread briefly before I logged in and there was a rather misleading advert for Serenity 2 on the page.
I hate it when they do that. :mad:

Last edited:
Um, I own Blue Sun t-shirts. I think that means I like it. Quite a bit.

i've watched the first half of the first episode (Serenity Part 1. still need to watch part 2) and i'm really liking the series so far. i bought the DVD's without ever having seen an episode before simply because it was only $13 for the whole series and ive heard nothing but good things about the series.

fantastic show... it and sports night are the reason i don't trust Fox to not cancel great TV shows

Love the series, love the movie. Anyone else a fan of Nathan Fillion in particular? I love his new series Castle.

I love the series. I even named one of my cars after a gun from the show.

If Blind_Io and my wife talked about Firefly with each other, they would go on for hours. :lol: :)

Not neccessarily something that hasn't happened in my past on several occasions...

Love the series, love the movie. Anyone else a fan of Nathan Fillion in particular? I love his new series Castle.

Did you see his costume in the beginning of the Halloween episode of Castle?