Forums Moved -- Report Issues Here

jeffy777 said:
It's not like the standards for MySQL queries have changed that much from 4.0 to 4.1 (actually 5 is the latest version). I don't think the problem is that phpBB2 is outdated since it's constantly being updated all the time.
Surprisingly there is.

For starters, from 4.0->4.1, MySQL forces the connecting host (in this case php/phpbb) to read data in UTF-8 mode. However, PhpBB was designed and only likes data in Latin1(latin1_swedish_ci). PhpBB has been only updated in the past year or so for security exploits- not compatibility for MySQL.

PHP and Apache are both moving towards UTF-8 as the default character set, which wrecks havock on older scripts, which is the issue we have been fighting over the past couple days.

I Got a failue message trying to inset an accented e in to the word cafe on an edit. I should have remembered the instructions not to use any special characters - just thought I'd mention, it not a problem and I won't try to do that again.

Hey, I'm exactly a 'regular' member but I haven't noticed any issues with PHPBB. I prefer the PHPBB layout etc, maybe its because I grew up on it (MM2C) but meh.
I'll go with what ever, as long as Final Gear is there when I press enter..

On more important issues, this Quiky everyone is talking about.. Is this teh Quiky.. Anyone have contact details?!!?