Genetic Algorithm for Evolving Cars (warning insanely addicting!)

bry789123

http://rednuht.org/genetic_cars_2/

Post your furthest score using the seed word of "finalgear". So far my record is just over 195 meters.

EDIT: "finalgear" might not be the best seed because of a hill that appears around ~150. Try seed "24427169" for a more "beatable" world.

Genetic_cars_high_score_-_finalgear_001.PNG

Other notable scores:

Default: 348 meters -
f1Gr25d.png

Using world seed "24427169": 545 meters -

Genetic_cars_high_score.PNG

Last edited:
Yea, this is addicting to watch. I think I'm going to run it overnight and see what I end up with. So far my best is a 160.61 with the finalgear seed after 60 generations. I'll be surprised if I get anymore due to the mountain generated at that point.

Yea, this is addicting to watch. I think I'm going to run it overnight and see what I end up with. So far my best is a 160.61 with the finalgear seed after 60 generations. I'll be surprised if I get anymore due to the mountain generated at that point.

Make sure the window is active. It doesn't seem to run if the window is minimized, behind something else, or the screen is locked (at least for me).

Make sure the window is active. It doesn't seem to run if the window is minimized, behind something else, or the screen is locked (at least for me).

What browser? Firefox and Chrome keep running if I click over to something else.

Yea, I think it takes pure luck to get farther than that hill on "finalgear".

I did a 620 on the downhill one, but that is also blind luck as it just glitches.

Yea, I think it takes pure luck to get farther than that hill on "finalgear".

I did a 620 on the downhill one, but that is also blind luck as it just glitches.

That middle hill on finalgear is a byatch.

"finalgear" might not be the best seed because of a hill that appears around ~150. Try seed "24427169" for a more "beatable" world.

Pretty much all the worlds get hills like that eventually. It seems most worlds won't let you get farther than ~200m without lucky bounces.

How many generations before they evolve grapples, winches & wings ?

"finalgear" is a horrible seed. I'm playing around with "FinalGear" now which is much more reasonable. :)

what a stupid game is this!!!

can't do anything, yet i'm rooting in front of my screen, tilting my head trying to get the car over the hill!
c'mon!!! you can do it!!

:lol:

("Mulsanne" got me to 191m...)

what the hell!! like i will ever get over this hump!

anyone else managed 208? :p