Hummer/Tahoe owners - idiocracy (is this just us?)

Of course it was designed solely for America. I cant see another country where it is anything near useful.

I can't see it beeing useful in USA either, but maybe that's just me.

If anyone doesn't get what the thread is about, keep your "it's-a-vehicle-designed for-USA-so-get-over-it"-comments to yourself.

jetsetter said:
jayjaya29 said:
A new Tahoe pulled up to me when coming home from work, I though I was going to be crushed and I'm in a mid-sized sedan. These things are f*cking huge!

Just another reason why I hate SUVs soo much. They can be so dangerous becuase they are so large, its scary.

Buck up man. They are not that big. Being big is one of the appeals. Remeber that soccer moms and the like had to drive shitty wagons and vans for 50 years.

But being excessively, non functionally big is totally pointless. I think modern-day minivans are better than SUVs as people carriers. As proven on 5th gear, a minivan is extremely safe, even more so than a top heavy SUV. You don't need an SUV unless you are carrying around your horse riding daughter and the horse in the horse trailer behind you. Minivans are much better, yet the general population (specifically typical soccer mom families) don't understand that.

On my way home from work today I passed a brand new Lincoln Navigator that was towing a 25' twin axle trailer with a mini-bulldozer on it.

I somehow doubt a minivan could handle that. But I thought it was funny anyway.

TomCat said:
On my way home from work today I passed a brand new Lincoln Navigator that was towing a 25' twin axle trailer with a mini-bulldozer on it.

I somehow doubt a minivan could handle that. But I thought it was funny anyway.

Okay, there is an SUV being used for what it is made for. I don't mind an SUV driving around if it is using it capabilities. To buy an SUV to transport people around is the wrong idea.

Its like buying a toothbrush to paint a house, sure it works, but thats not what it is made for and there are better tools for the job.

Ah. But here is the problem.

All the people that sit on these forums and want to tell other people what they should be allowed to buy.

I cant tell you how many times *I* have passed an exotic car on a road around here and they are going 20mph under the limit. Should they be banned from buying them if they arent going to be used for the purpose they were built for?

Of course you would say no - but that's the exact point you become a hypocrite.

jayjaya29 said:
jetsetter said:
jayjaya29 said:
A new Tahoe pulled up to me when coming home from work, I though I was going to be crushed and I'm in a mid-sized sedan. These things are f*cking huge!

Just another reason why I hate SUVs soo much. They can be so dangerous becuase they are so large, its scary.

Buck up man. They are not that big. Being big is one of the appeals. Remeber that soccer moms and the like had to drive shitty wagons and vans for 50 years.

But being excessively, non functionally big is totally pointless. I think modern-day minivans are better than SUVs as people carriers. As proven on 5th gear, a minivan is extremely safe, even more so than a top heavy SUV. You don't need an SUV unless you are carrying around your horse riding daughter and the horse in the horse trailer behind you. Minivans are much better, yet the general population (specifically typical soccer mom families) don't understand that.

People have never bought just for function. It does not matter if you think it is pointless or not.

And if you have to ask why people don't buy as many minivans.............

Big, 4wd suv's seem to be quite useful here in the winter. And it's possible to use up all the space within it carrying stuff, they are not *unnecessarily* big depending on the end user.

well here we have winter, we have mountains, we have dirt roads, we have lots of things that need towing and most people love to DIY out here, so bigger vehicles come in handy. I've borrowed my dad's truck on many occasions, and often think about getting a small toyota truck or a Jeep or something. I just wish people knew how to drive the damned things half the time. What happens is that guys get these things because they're almost as useful as a proper truck, but thier wife won't bitch about having to drive a truck, and so these women go running around like idiots.