Ownership Verified: I accidentally the whole Peugeot

The overall paint quality looks like it has been washed with sandpaper. It would need a thorough buffing which I'll maybe do once everything else is covered.

I'll try to make time for cambelt fiddling this weekend. The holes should be accessible without taking the whole system apart, at least according to this Finnish site. So it should be enough that I take it apart only until I get to the tensioner. An hour's work more or less, if that's the case.

thats why you need a paint color analyzer and mix your own...

I forgot to take a pen and paper with me, but do the car keys work as a proof pic?
[...]
what was your address again so I can come over with a duplicate-key and steal your car, ignoring the fact that the plane-ticket would be more expensive than the car is, but anyway you get the point send you a present?

:bunny:

what was your address again so I can come over with a duplicate-key and steal your car, ignoring the fact that the plane-ticket would be more expensive than the car is, but anyway you get the point send you a present?

:bunny:

The joke's on you, that key only works on the back doors :p

E: Thanks for reminding me, I'll get a proof pic today. I want my green check mark!

Last edited:
Looked into the timing issue today. I'm missing the hole from the flywheel where the 6mm bolt should go. I did find a bigger hole but that's probably for observation as there were no notches available but you could feel the flywheel rotate :dunno: It's quite irritating as that's the only thing slowing the project down at the moment.

I did order a set of those C5 steelies... ;)

Yay, I've now located both of the timing holes. The timing is indeed one or two teeth off after my first service attempt :blush:

Now it's just a matter of re-adjusting and putting everything back together, should get it done this week :)

I fixed the timing and it purrs like a little kitten now :) It felt really happy thanks to the service I did a few weeks ago.

Then, it's back to getting the clutch changed. In the meanwhile, I think I'll change the brake fluids and look into other cosmetic stuff as well. The C5 steelies have finally been dispatched, so I'll get them next week.

WP_20150605_005.jpg

WP_20150605_006.jpg

Shit.

I was trying to let air out of the cooling system when one of the bleeding screws snapped. Luckily, my drunk neighbour came in to help :D He tapped a torx bit into the hole and twisted the rest of the screw out.

I tried to treat the car to a 25? tint job that it deserves. I had 3m of the film and ended up getting only the windows of one door tinted properly enough :D The rest later after another 25?.

The bleed screw wasn't in stock at my local Peugeot place, but luckily they'll get it for tomorrow. I ended up ordering two, just because.

And these arrived, damn they're light!

IMG_4553.JPG

They really are, it's ridiculous :) Bolt holes look conical, so they're the stronger ones that aren't prone to cracking.

Which reminds me, is it necessary to get some ?ber special Citro?n bolts for them or will my old steelie ones do?

I've only used my old steelie ones too. I presume your bolts are conical as well? If they're flat-faced, then you need the bolt set.

Also, you don't need no stinkin' tints when you have factory bronze glass :cool:

Yeah, I think mine are conical too. Good to know they're usable.

I'm making the car as light as possible, removing the back seat and all. The interior will be so crude that I don't want anyone seeing what I've done -> tints. Besides, it looks too grannyish now, it needs to be more rallyraceramish :tease:

E: This should be an obligatory outfit when driving my 106.

Last edited:
It runs again with a fresh, golden bleeding screw :cool: Also fixed the hose that was broken from beneath the throttle body. I should spray tons of carburetor cleaner inside the throttle body and clean the wire clips around it, that would possibly do wonders to the idle.

I ordered a set of 195/45/15 Nankang NS2's, they'll be black and round enough. And then umm..the brake fluids..and..oh yeah, the damn clutch.