I drove a Porsche 911!

araracd

Car(s)
Mini-Saab 900 T Cab.-Panda 4x4-Punto JTD-Megane ST
I know this might not sound like much to most of you but i just felt like sharing this!

Last weekend there was a classic and sports cars exhibit here in Portugal (will post pics as soon as i can). Along with it there was also an event with more modern sports cars and luxury cars for sale (Ferraris, Astons, Porsches, Jaguars, BMWs, Mercs).

Well, a friend of mine knows one of the guys that was selling cars there. He had about 9 cars there, and he needed some help taking all of them back to his showroom. So we got to give him a hand! I had the pleasure of taking a Porsche 911 (993) Carrera 2 Coup?. Didn't really go all out for top speed (i mean, the guy was going alongside us), but i had the chance to open the tap for a bew bursts of acceleration. It was sheer fun! And that sound... Definitely an experience i'll never forget! Pretty far from the Fiat Punto JTD i drive everyday (don't mock, i love it).

Anyway, here's some pics of it:

ele367-cq3kcz2x5sst36w.jpg

ele367-h3mwwk0vi46dbs2.jpg

ele367-5dn8xmrh1rdpe1k.jpg

Some of the other cars he had there:

Porsche 996 Carrera 4S Coup? (this was the only one that was already taken)
ele385-r156qrowhpuebga.jpg

Porsche Boxster 3.2 S
ele353-pmh17kooqmcfhs7.jpg

Mercedes Benz CLK 200 Kompressor Cabriolet
ele308-68hcatk78rffhcj.jpg

BMW 535 d Touring
ele359-weszftcb63f05k8.jpg

Mercedes Benz CLS 320 CDi
ele330-cckl2hsh5ft6qot.jpg

Mercedes Benz ML 320 CDi
ele286-dtpn42scsuogjmx.jpg

Cool good choice, I would have chosen the same car as well because it's the coolest there (next to CLS) :)

That first porsche is a beauty, I envy you ;) .

Awesome - I need friends like that.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Cool good choice, I would have chosen the same car as well because it's the coolest there (next to CLS) :)

Tut tut SL65, what you meant to type was:

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Cool good choice, I would have chosen the same car as well because it's the coolest there (including the CLS) :)
:p

Mmmmmm, yummy. Great choice out of the cars to have a drive in... aren't those 997 wheels? What's wrong with the originals? I just LOVE the 993 shape.

Pity the CLS was a diesel.

watto said:

Well, as long as you don't look at the rev counter I promise you, you will never know its a cdi... The friend who picked me up with one thought it was a petrol, until I pointed it out to him.

And with that 7 speed gearbox it does 0-62 in 7 seconds. And only after 200 km/h it does loose a bit of its stride...

watto said:
Mmmmmm, yummy. Great choice out of the cars to have a drive in... aren't those 997 wheels? What's wrong with the originals? I just LOVE the 993 shape.
the original is like 16 or 17 inch "turbo" spoke...? those are reallly uncool
they sell on porsche forums for like $1000 for 4 with tires... aka no one wants them at all

Buba said:
watto said:

Well, as long as you don't look at the rev counter I promise you, you will never know its a cdi... The friend who picked me up with one thought it was a petrol, until I pointed it out to him.

And with that 7 speed gearbox it does 0-62 in 7 seconds. And only after 200 km/h it does loose a bit of its stride...

very true. isn't the current E-class CDI (320?) more economical AND faster than the petrol version (330?)??

Izari said:
watto said:
the original is like 16 or 17 inch "turbo" spoke...? those are reallly uncool
they sell on porsche forums for like $1000 for 4 with tires... aka no one wants them at all

no, its just that there are a lot of them. and the hollow turbo twists are a good find too. heck, the porsche cup wheels from the same era can be found for 1/2 the price of the solid turbo twists...

Wow... Congrats Man...

I wouldve been VERY excited to drive anyone of those cars.

Whats cool is that just by the few sentences that you wrote gave me a little idea of hows it like... i could tell that you were truely happy for those few minutes.

Thanks for sharing... much appreciated

-Mojo-