I Got Another Car

Well you got a good price so thats the main thing.

Those leather seats in the front look more like sofa's :lol:

jayhawk said:
ALot of you may too young to remember this, but Audi 5000's were blamed in the mid 1980's for as the NHTSA (national highway traffic safety administration) dubbed, "Sudden Vehicle Accelaration". Apparently when pressing the brake, the car would suddenly lurch forward. NHTSA did months of research, and came to the conclusion that SVA was caused by rich dimwit Americans who, being used to American cars with their pedals 3 miles apart from each other,were hitting the brake and gas at the same time!! :lol: Experienced drivers know that the closer the pedals, the safer it is, thus why Audi and ALL European manf. designed their cars this way. The 5000 rapidly lost out on sales because of "SVA". If you want to see how extreme pedal placement was on American cars, check out a 1968 Camaro with a manual. No shit, the pedals are nearly a foot apart from each other.

Yep, remember that story as well - no further comment on those drivers who complained, though...

It would look great in matte-black!

BlaRo said:
jayhawk said:
ALot of you may too young to remember this, but Audi 5000's were blamed in the mid 1980's for as the NHTSA (national highway traffic safety administration) dubbed, "Sudden Vehicle Accelaration". Apparently when pressing the brake, the car would suddenly lurch forward. NHTSA did months of research, and came to the conclusion that SVA was caused by rich dimwit Americans who, being used to American cars with their pedals 3 miles apart from each other,were hitting the brake and gas at the same time!! :lol: Experienced drivers know that the closer the pedals, the safer it is, thus why Audi and ALL European manf. designed their cars this way. The 5000 rapidly lost out on sales because of "SVA". If you want to see how extreme pedal placement was on American cars, check out a 1968 Camaro with a manual. No shit, the pedals are nearly a foot apart from each other.
So THAT'S what it was about! 60 Minutes made a huge deal out of it, blaming the cars themselves and not the club-footed drivers, right? Man, I feel young and stupid.

That, or you're pulling my leg, ya bastard. :lol:

Silence, whippersnapper!! :eek: :p