Kickin' It Oldschool

GTR

Car(s)
2001 Integra GS-R
Hey guys, just something I wanted to share with ya.. My father had purchased a 1970's Honda Civic (First Generation) a while back in February 2008, and just recently, with a year and a bit, a few grand, quite a bit of man hours and a lot of time hunting for parts, he has completely restored it and rebuilt almost everything. It was purchased for around $400 when we got it. For now it is what it is and the original 1.2L EB engine runs strong. I drove it for a bit a while ago and it runs as good as most of the cars out there and saves a ton of gas. He topped the tank about three weeks ago and it's got about a third left in the tank.

Some pictures:

35lzyg9.jpg

6zrlok.jpg

30igghz.jpg

2ykzukw.jpg

o90oao.jpg

123r77o.jpg

bisbwm.jpg

fn4k5s.jpg

5kojus.jpg

mc947l.jpg

30nfafd.jpg

2e6gget.jpg

25yvvph.jpg

comments, questions, anything you'd suggest for this car would be nice. :cool:

There are two of those for sale at Pacific honda on the North Shore auto mall. I'm so temped to buy one. They are both going for under a grand.

Where abouts in Vancouver are you? I'll keep an eye out and give a wave.

haha I live nowhere close to the North Shore, unfortunately. I live closer to Richmond, but I tend to go back and forth between the two cities every so often.. I'll look out give you a wave back if you get the chance to spot me :mrgreen:

I want one of these with a K20a. :)

I like, how light is it? thats probably fun to drive. with improved suspension, brakes and if possible new engine ie. jazz/fit and for safety reasons a roll cage maybe? it'll be super. ;)

Hehe, my mother had two of those when i was a kid, one brown with the automatic and one silver with the manual. I remember tham to be pretty nice cars. :)

First gen is the best looking of the bunch. I like the motorcycle guages.

That car is far too awesome to be a Civic. I don't believe you. :p

I remember a Honda Civic which looks a lot like that one in the film "Employee of the month" and "Footloose"(I think)
It looks kind of funky, but dont expect to be taken seriously by anyone when you drive around in it.

Last edited:
Toss a proper transmission in there and I'd drive that. That steering wheel is BITCHIN' and the motorcycle gauge cluster is just top notch.

japanesenostalgiccar.com

:)

100mph speedo? That's a bit ... optimistic. :p

Cool little car man.

My old Fiesta's speedo went to 220kph (136mph), needless to say the car topped up at 180kph (which was 170 at the GPS :-D).

I was thinking it would be a 4 on the floor, but I'm now sadly disappointed! :( Still quite awesome though, love the color, great taste!

100mph speedo? That's a bit ... optimistic. :p

Cool little car man.

My 1996 2.0l Sebring went to 160 mph :lol:

2-speed automatic is a bit unfortunate but it looks like a fun little car. I would drive it.