Mass Effect 3

do_want2.jpg

Do want 2 things, also:

1- For the dev team to get some balls and give the game a M rating and make the gore/blood/battles good, and the sex scenes extended. Otherwise I'm not giving a crap about the paramore any more :p
2- For the game to end here. Best things end in a trilogy. Please do not squeeze this lemon for all it's juice unless you can promise a mindblowing Mass Effect 4.

1- For the dev team to get some balls and give the game a M rating and make the gore/blood/battles good, and the sex scenes extended. Otherwise I'm not giving a crap about the paramore any more :p

You mean the same M rating 2 got?

2- For the game to end here. Best things end in a trilogy. Please do not squeeze this lemon for all it's juice unless you can promise a mindblowing Mass Effect 4.

BioWare has constantly said after 3, Shepard's story is done. So the next thing Mass Effect won't be the same story we've been playing.

You mean the same M rating 2 got?

BioWare has constantly said after 3, Shepard's story is done. So the next thing Mass Effect won't be the same story we've been playing.

Yes the same M rating ME 2 got, and then no content at all was too harsh for a 13 year old to enjoy. I mean real M content. Some places gave it a 15+ rating.

And how many people have said they'd stop after #3 and then they come up with a 4th just cos they know it'd sell?

Last edited:
:jizzed:

And how many people have said they'd stop after #3 and then they come up with a 4th just cos they know it'd sell?

And how many of those were BioWare? I'd guess none. If there is another in-universe game, I'd be surprised if it's called Mass Effect. But we're getting ahead of ourselves, the third one has just been announced.

Wish lists:

(1) Epic, open feel of ME1. ME2 was better in many ways, but it lacked that huge, open feel that ME1 had (the differences in exploring the Citadel being a noticeable example).

(2) ME1 was mainly focused on a story with some side-quests on the side. ME2 was mainly focused on side-quests with a main story on the side. I think the latter is better.

(3) Combat and character advancement should feel more like ME2 than ME1.

(4) Drop planet-scanning. Explore planets for mining, but do it in the Hammerhead instead of the Mako, so it doesn't take so frickin' long. Plus, seeing all those huge, outdoor alien environments was cool.

(5) The choices you make in previous games should have a more noticeable effect on ME3.

I'm praying for a Trilogy edition that'll allow me to buy all 3 for a good price cause I played the first 2 in... another way and I actually really want to make a character in the first game and carry it all the way to 3. Plus it'll give me an excuse to play all 3 again :D

You can get both games for cheap you cheap bastard, just get them now and you'll already be ready for 3 when it comes out.

http://img442.imageshack.**/img442/273/me2zb.jpg

That's what Steam says here...maybe they have different prices for different places.

BTW, other edition is 60$.

It's cheaper in the US and Europe. It's actually $20 for the regular edition and $40 here.

Wish lists:

(1) Epic, open feel of ME1. ME2 was better in many ways, but it lacked that huge, open feel that ME1 had (the differences in exploring the Citadel being a noticeable example).

(2) ME1 was mainly focused on a story with some side-quests on the side. ME2 was mainly focused on side-quests with a main story on the side. I think the latter is better.

(4) Drop planet-scanning. Explore planets for mining, but do it in the Hammerhead instead of the Mako, so it doesn't take so frickin' long. Plus, seeing all those huge, outdoor alien environments was cool.

(5) The choices you make in previous games should have a more noticeable effect on ME3.

Agree on all fronts. Especially about ME2's story - character-driven story is always more engaging to me. It's a big reason why ME2 is so good. ME1's characters were great, but compared to ME2 and the amount of involvement you have with them, ME1's characters seem like Borgs. Plus, ME2's "pick n' choose" mission format really helped make the story your own.

Also, on point 3, keep it like ME2 (no massive inventories, action-skill oriented character advancement rather than a host of passive skills) just expanded a bit. Armor and weapons were a bit too scarce, and the skill selection was somewhat thin. But it didn't need to be expanded a lot.

And weapon mods would be cool.

I'm gonna go back and start a new game and beat ME1 and 2 on Insanity (never done it). But first I have to beat ME1 on Hardcore. I also have 4 more ally achievements to get in 1.

Last edited:
Also, on point 3, keep it like ME2 (no massive inventories, action-skill oriented character advancement rather than a host of passive skills) just expanded a bit. Armor and weapons were a bit too scarce, and the skill selection was somewhat thin. But it didn't need to be expanded a lot.

And weapon mods would be cool.

Agreed. There should be about a half-dozen of each weapon type, not just two or three types. DLC really helped with this though, particularly the firepower pack. But without DLC, there weren't enough weapons and armor types in the game.

Wish lists:

I agree on these but would like to add something to #2... while having a lot of side quests does indeed add to the fun, sometimes it takes your mind off the main quest... and it feels like everyone in the universe is just waiting for you to make a move to continue with their own plans. In theory, you can just spend months going to planets, mining, gambling or whatever, and while you do this the "baddies" don't even advance their plans.
A more dynamic universe would be interesting. Like suddenly a planet comes under attack.... Random self generated quests and events, is what I'm trying to say.

In any case I'm sure they'll do a great job.

And how many of those were BioWare? I'd guess none. If there is another in-universe game, I'd be surprised if it's called Mass Effect. But we're getting ahead of ourselves, the third one has just been announced.

I know, I know, but having those pricks from EA distributing them you never know.
Mass Effect is just the technology that fuels the universe, whether it's used in the name of a possible spin off or not I really don't mind. I would love to play something equivalent to Half Life: Blue Shift, where you took the part of one of those security guards during the events of the original Half Life, but seen from his perspective. In this case maybe the perspective of an Asarii or a Turian, learning more about their culture and background.

Last edited:
The irony about my #2 is that I meant to write "former" instead of "latter"--I prefer to have a core story be the focus, with side-quests being an extra. ME1 and ME2 were like Final Fantasies IV and VI to me...the latter was the better game overall, but I thought the overwhelming emphasis on side-quests hurt the story overall.