NASCAR

please tell me you beat the daylights out of the #83 hauler (and the big yellow truck) after that disgraceful display of, what the NASCAR morons in charge classify, a 'racing incident' :mad:

and big congrats on going to your first race, it's a heck of an experience, isn't it? :D

I really hope Smoke will get it. Primarily because he has won four races in the chase so far which I rate higher than consistent top 10 finishes, but also because I really dislike Edwards.

That's how you decide a championship. A tie and the subsequent tie-breakers.
Actually, you decide a championship with season points, not a trumped-up championship... strictly speaking.

My friend and I got bored enough during the red flag that we stopped watching. McMurray and Ambrose were unspectacular, Harvick and Dale Jr. probably weren't going to be anywhere spectacular at the end, and neither of us care at all about Stewart or Edwards. :\

Did anyone else find it disgusting that even the disabled vets that were standing next to Michelle Obama got booed? Nevermind your service and sacrifice for this country, you're standing next to the wife of someone we have an irrational hatred for! Booooo!

great performance by Stewart in the Chase in winning half the races. The system is what it is and he deserved it.

Couldn't be bothered watching, have to say. I don't really care for either driver and seeing the same manufacturer win the title every year is getting real old real quick.

Kurt Busch and Penske have parted ways....be interesting to see who roger will replace him with since Shell want a championship-caliber driver in their car, that was why Kurt got shifted to it in the first place.

edit: the 'dinger has been signed to drive the #22 that Busch vacated.

Last edited:
Just come across this video. I've heard a lot of rumour and speculation that Volvo (yes Volvo) could be entering NASCAR in the near future, and this video seems to confirm it. Exciting news!

[video=youtube;-kE9zMAvcp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kE9zMAvcp8&feature=g-u&context=G2d6ba25FUAAAAAAABAA[/video]

Would be nice if it were true. Most speculation puts Volkswagen or Honda next entering Nascar. Or Nissan if they enter the Titan into the truck series.

Having seen the NASCAR segment on Top Gear a while back, I've decided I want to give NASCAR a go. Don't suppose anyone knows a good place to go and find NASCAR races?

Having seen the NASCAR segment on Top Gear a while back, I've decided I want to give NASCAR a go. Don't suppose anyone knows a good place to go and find NASCAR races?

There will be streams up online if you know where to look. I'm sort of excited only because I want to see how what the change to fuel injection will do to the cars as well as the new body styles.

Random NASCAR-y thoughts:

Holy shit, the Shootout was insane. And that was only 26 cars in the field; wait until we have a full field for the 500. Possibly with Danica.

Speaking of the Shootout, they've changed the eligibilty requirements for the eleventy billionth time. Fortunately, it's a positive one; they're going old-school and only allowing the 2012 pole winners and past Shootout champions.

To Chad Knaus: Enjoy your vacation after Daytona, you cheating bastard.