Need clarification... cocks only drive NEW Audi's right??

:blink::cry:

We're not cocks...

They're low key cars.

:blink::cry:

We're not cocks...

They're low key cars.

Don't respond, only cocks care enough to feel defensive and reply. Don't brand yourself as one of them.

You know this is often the case in non car-related situations as well

In my opinion a cock is not defined by the make of the car but by the engine.
I experienced on german highways that nearly every tailgating bastard got a
1.9 or 2.0 diesel engine under the bonnet.
VW Passats and Golf's, Audi A3 A4 A6's, Seat Ibiza's, Merc C & E Class diesels, BMW 320d sedans and so on...
And that really pisses me off, 4 cylinder sedans, powered by the fuel of satan -
within an inch of your backend, even if you are driving above the speedlimit.

In Germany BMW drivers got not the best reputation, very true, but these
diesel-powered torque-driven turbo-lagged "$%"?% are changing places with the BMW drivers.
So in a way Jezza is right, BMW drivers aren't cocks anymore - diesel drivers are!

Personally I don't like Audis, except the new TT, the old Rallye cars and the R8.
The rest of the range is boring and ugly as hell (Q7, A3 convertible!).

Because I always loved BMW, I will stick to straight-six petrol BMW's!

so long ,

e-type

Don't respond, only cocks care enough to feel defensive and reply. Don't brand yourself as one of them.

You know this is often the case in non car-related situations as well

So, if you were branded a pedophile, you wouldn't protest? :|

In my opinion a cock is not defined by the make of the car but by the engine.
I experienced on german highways that nearly every tailgating bastard got a
1.9 or 2.0 diesel engine under the bonnet.
VW Passats and Golf's, Audi A3 A4 A6's, Seat Ibiza's, Merc C & E Class diesels, BMW 320d sedans and so on...
And that really pisses me off, 4 cylinder sedans, powered by the fuel of satan -
within an inch of your backend, even if you are driving above the speedlimit.

In Germany BMW drivers got not the best reputation, very true, but these
diesel-powered torque-driven turbo-lagged "$%"?% are changing places with the BMW drivers.
So in a way Jezza is right, BMW drivers aren't cocks anymore - diesel drivers are!

Personally I don't like Audis, except the new TT, the old Rallye cars and the R8.
The rest of the range is boring and ugly as hell (Q7, A3 convertible!).

Because I always loved BMW, I will stick to straight-six petrol BMW's!

so long ,

e-type

you are wrong. People are driving diesels because diesels nowadays can be good fun. Being a cock has nothing to do with the fuel you use, or even the car you drive. Hell, i've seen cocks in 15 year old Corsas or brand new Merc S classes...

I think that only BMW drivers are cocks! :D And people who drive SUV's... they piss me off! So, if you want to be a super-cock buy a BMW X5! ;)

I can assure you that I am not a cock! :mad:

That said, if you were to assume that I was a yuppie, you'd be about right.

I can assure you that I am not a cock! :mad:

That said, if you were to assume that I was a yuppie, you'd be about right.

Cock or yuppie? I wouldn't be so sure if you post pictures like this :

l_522e55e5c9014345acc4de425151ba1d.jpg

you are wrong. People are driving diesels because diesels nowadays can be good fun. Being a cock has nothing to do with the fuel you use, or even the car you drive. Hell, i've seen cocks in 15 year old Corsas or brand new Merc S classes...

Well, the only way tractorengines can be fun is if they are v6 or higher with at least 240 bhp and 500nm of torque. Anything less than that and they are boring.
Even so, they arent that much fun.
First of all because they dont rev very well.

you are right about one thing : they don't rev very well... they don't need to :p

so by your logic a "tractor engine" with 150hp/300Nm of torque is fail?

:facepalm:

Silly boys. Lets be grown ups and not care what other people think of us shall we? :p
If you like your car, who cares what other people think of it?

i don't care what other people think of MY car in specific, but I do hate that people tend to all bunch people in the same box and go "everyone who drives a [insert brand here] is an asshole"

it's just stupid

you are right about one thing : they don't rev very well... they don't need to :p

so by your logic a "tractor engine" with 150hp/300Nm of torque is fail?

:facepalm:

What do you mean they dont need to?
Well if all you want from a car is to go from A to B in a boring way, then obviously you dont need to rev the engine.
As an example, if you have a tractor with 300Nm of torque, it means very little what the maximum torque is, because the maximum torque or anything close to the maximum is available over a very small rev-range.
What could be interesting is to study torque-curves of the tractor engines with the figures you mentioned. They will show you why it sucks.

Last edited:
I think the Cock/Audi is applied to any sort of new Audi. Being the RS versions first, followed to any sort of S-Line Audi with a diesel engine ending with all the Audi A3 owners.

Yeah! I'm sorry if there are any A3 owners in here but I still haven't met an A3 driver who isn't a cock on the road.

What do you mean they dont need to?
Well if all you want from a car is to go from A to B in a boring way, then obviously you dont need to rev the engine.
As an example, if you have a tractor with 300Nm of torque, it means very little what the maximum torque is, because the maximum torque or anything close to the maximum is available over a very small rev-range.
What could be interesting is to study torque-curves of the tractor engines with the figures you mentioned. They will show you why it sucks.

because you don't need to rev to 18,000 to make a lot of hp, diesel engines have lots of torque low down in the rev band, which makes it easy to accelerate, because you don't have to wait for the revs to build.

Modern Diesel engines (let's say the last 5 years or so) are made of win because they are powerful, fast, and don't use a lot of diesel. That's the end of it.

because you don't need to rev to 18,000 to make a lot of hp, diesel engines have lots of torque low down in the rev band, which makes it easy to accelerate, because you don't have to wait for the revs to build.

Modern Diesel engines (let's say the last 5 years or so) are made of win because they are powerful, fast, and don't use a lot of diesel. That's the end of it.

So if you dont have to wait for the revs to build, I guess they blitz petrol cars from 0-62 mph then? And they blitz them 'round the TG track?
Are you seriously implying that if you wanna do some active driving on twisty roads, you'd rather have a tractor engined car?

So, if you were branded a pedophile, you wouldn't protest? :|

i understand the point youre trying to make, but that's a dumb comparison and you know it.

This thread has lasted much longer than I ever expected it might, but the end result is moderately entertaining!

The funniest part to me is that I have an Audi AND a diesel, but I drive neither of them in a cock like fashion... LOL

YES they are, in my country audi-drivers are cocks(idiots), among bmw and M-B drivers (overtaking in dangerous places, speeding, etc..) and they dont need to be new cars, older models with big enough engine suits well.

YES they are, in my country audi-drivers are cocks(idiots), among bmw and M-B drivers (overtaking in dangerous places, speeding, etc..) and they dont need to be new cars, older models with big enough engine suits well.

So now all petrolheads are cocks then?
Name me one petrolhead that doesnt drive faster than the ridiculously low speed limits.

You're right, diesels are cheap and in a short rev band they work very well.
The only reason, why diesels are successfull is because they are cheap.
Like Dacia.
A Diesel at 4500 rpm is just a shame. Ghastly noise (from the engine and the exhaust!) and no power.
Lot's of torque at a very short rev band, that's okay when you like to tow a
caravan or a boat (or in general, when you drive a lorry :)). But when you want to drive sporty there is nothing that
beats a petrol engine.
Flying towards a corner, change from 3. into 2. gear with a bit of double-clutching and
power out of the bend while listen to the screaming noise from the engine and exhaust.
And please don't use the argument, that Audi won Le Mans with a diesel.
They won only because in an endurance race diesels don't need to refuel so often (=cheap!).

so long ,

e-type