Need for Speed: Undercover

Played for about 10 minutes. The graphics were nice...but then again everything looks good on my pc. The game is terrible I can't believe how lame the driving is.

i usually find that it depends on the music, in games like GTA or Burnout Paradise i prefer to crank the music up while other games like Midnight Club or Project Gotham Racing i tend to turn the music off and crank the engine sound up. Thankfully Forza 2 doesn't play Music over the game and just lets me enjoy it as it is.
to Toptree, i know this runs a bit off topic so hopefully no one minds or just send it to me as a private message but what was wrong with Red Alert 3? much like Need for Speed: Undercover its another game i've thought about getting but i'm just unsure about it at the moment.

There's nothing to do after beating the story mode and once you hit level 17 all the unfinished races disappears from the map. So I'm just buying cars for fun now.

McLaren F1.
iampdaabc.jpg

I suppose I should take this game off my wishlist then :( I really do like the NFS games. I started with Carbon, and I also have ProStreet and I liked them both. Maybe its just me, I dunno, but I really just like the customization part. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to Gran Turismo 5 cos its going to have the Top Gear test track on it :mrgreen:

It's definitely not worth $50 buying it. I beat the story mode in one day, that's how short it was. If you're a big NFS fan, just wait for this to hit the bargain bin or "acquire" it from the internet.

Few more pics.
mamfkaabd.jpg

mamfmaabd.jpg

mamfpaabd.jpg

namfaaabd.jpg

Why don't PC racing games let you use a playlist from your own computer, or even just shuffle tracks from a directory on your hard drive?

Why don't PC racing games let you use a playlist from your own computer, or even just shuffle tracks from a directory on your hard drive?

probably because they know its something we'd want, it'd make us happy and wouldn't listen to the music they had spent money on getting.

HD Texture Mod:

This High Definition Texture Pack mod for Need for Speed Undercover was developed by An7hraX, and improves the graphics by making them crisper, reducing the bloom effects and fixing up the HDR lighting. Be aware that the mod changes some of the DirectX 9 files, so programs like Punkbuster may misinterpret it as a cheat in online play.

This patch modifies the textures in a way how they actually should have been, sharp and crispy. Primary I changed nearly all ground textures, borders, vegetation and even some traffic signs, buildings & props. The texture sizes are untouched to ensure best performance. Some guys complained about the excessive High-Dynamic-Range effects in the game, I think they look quite neat with some colorcorrection, so I included the EnbSeries hack from Boris Vorontsov with an adapted config. !!! Caution !!! PUNKBUSTER can kick/ban you for using the d3d9.dll during online matches !

http://forum.nfsplanet.de/showthread.php?p=343759

God I hate the "high quality" effects. It's just like someone vomited filters onto the screen. Utter. Crap.

reducing the bloom effects and fixing up the HDR lighting

Thank god
After seeing awdrifter's screenshots I'm pretty sure I'll need this once I play it.
I'll never understand why they need to show off their HDR and bloom so much. It was cool and new on hl2, stop turning it to eleven.

Just tried the HD Texture pack, it does make the game look a little bit better, and the performance hit is not too bad.

gamlaaabd.jpg

gamlcaabd.jpg

gamleaabd.jpg

couldn't help but notice the Bugatti Veyron in those pics, just out of curiosity. how does it handle in the game?

I seem to have the same issue with this game and ProStreet, I'm playing this game on PC, when I use the keyboard or a Dual Shock 2 controller (via a USB converter) when the car steers it slows down massively, even a very gentle touch on the steering would almost stops the car, can anybody help?

That's just the way their physics engien work. Get a more powerful car so you can go faster on the straights. That's about all you can do.

Another mediocre NFS game. I was hoping this one would bring some life back to the series, but it's not to be :(

Referring to my last post, the control problem is due to the controller. Somehow if I use the controller to steer (d-pad or L3 stick), it will lose speed while I steer. But when I use the keyboard again, the issue is gone. It's quite gutting that the only interface that works for this game is the keyboard (haven't tried with my Force GT wheel yet but from my past experience, it doesn't worth the effort to try)

Another mediocre NFS game. I was hoping this one would bring some life back to the series, but it's not to be :(

Wasn't THAT bad tho.

I felt it was classic NFS although a bit uninspired at heart. Ridiculously fast cars, a game engine that can't quite compensate when going ridiculously fast, uninspired and isolated storyline and yet its fun to play.

Was worth the rental....