New Audi A9 guns for Panamera

New Audi A9
People at Audi - you know you don?t have to come up with a model for every Number there is. You know that right? Just because there still are some vacant numbers, doesn?t mean you have to make stuff like that up.

I am dissapoint.

People at Audi - you know you don?t have to come up with a model for every Number there is. You know that right? Just because there still are some vacant numbers, doesn?t mean you have to make stuff like that up.

I am dissapoint.

They are breaking their current naming strategy though:

439px-A_size_illustration2_with_letter_and_legal.svg.png

As for nationality, they can sell VWs as Skodas only in Czech Republic. It will still cost far less in terms of advertising. Right now they need to advertise Skoda in several countries, as well as worry about the potentialy dueling dealership network (unless Skodas, VWs, SEATs, and Audis are only sold at the same dealers).

I want audi to make an A10.

And give it a GAU-8.

It'll almost certainly be better looking than the Panamera and I'll still want a Quattroporte over it even if it is more expensive and worse.

I was under the impression that VW was already low budget.

The key word there is "was". In the past years (almost decades) the VW brand has slowly drifted up, both in prices and in poshness. Compare a lowly Passat with the term People's Car - no correlation there. A mid-range trim Passat with a mid-range petrol engine without any options already is 30k?. The highline with a 2.0 TDI without any options already is at 38k?.
One way to look at that is "OMG expensive". The other is to realize it's not a people's car anymore... in Germany, obviously. The crap they sometimes sell across the pond doesn't count.

But what about Lupo and such?

The Fox was the only true budget VW in the past decades, the Lupo was way too expensive. True budget VW because there was nothing VW in the German sense in the car.

First presentation shots arrived! :D

mare4.jpg

4rgTdMWSLk.jpg

auda9_front.jpg

medium_2275969701_468535df96_o.jpg

:lol:

So I guess the spaniards haven't heard of 'dignity'.

You guys are missing the point, with Audi making the A9 Lamborghini will be able to start making Estoque, thanks to sharing the development costs, which sounds like a good deal to me.

You guys are missing the point, with Audi making the A9 Lamborghini will be able to start making Estoque, thanks to sharing the development costs, which sounds like a good deal to me.

What makes you think that? A9 is likely going to be an S8 with a different body and a couple of turbos slapped onto its V10, Estoque coulda been based on the S8 platform for years now....

isnt the Estoque based on the Murcielago?

isnt the Estoque based on the Murcielago?

I honestly don't know, not likely as its front engined (unless I'm totally wrong). Either way A9 development wouldn't really do anything for the Estoque.

It would be more likely if the Estoque was based on the Panamera,
on the A9 though... meh.