New poll finds that 39 percent of Americans want government to 'stay out of Medicare'

Before one goes off and talks about what some very successful CEOs have made in health care, you should compare it to similarly successful (and in some cases, not particularly successful) CEOs have made in other Fortune 1000 companies.
I don't think any of them should be paid that much money. On average, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies get paid almost 300 times what their average worker gets. In the largest 50 Fortune 500 companies, that number goes to 525 times the average pay. Grossly overpaid doesn't even come close to describing that. No one is worth that much money. This is also a relatively recent and predominantly American phenomenon, which makes it even more interesting.

Universal health care IS great, but from what i've understood that Obama's version isn't really universal health care.
Public option would basically be a cheap government healthcare plan. The premiums would be lower than anything insurance companies are currently offering (I keep hearing "about 10% lower). So of course they're fighting it tooth-and-nail; and anyone looking for a reason to rail against Obama has been eating it up.