Nissan Stagea: Poor Man's Audi Avant?

Wow, that's a lot more than here in Australia. Ford's stopping production of it's wagon, and there's an increasing trend of SUVs instead.

What are you intending to use it for? The model with the RB engine could be turned into a bit of a weapon for very little cash.

Well, with the girlfriend now, there's more pressure on me.. And my personal favourite car types: 2 seater convertibles, wagons and hatchbacks. Sadly, I don't have too much free cash, maybe only AUD20K. So I'm just looking. I'm not really content with a new-ish econobox, but girlfriend wants something newer. Pfft. Women.

Wow, that's a lot more than here in Australia. Ford's stopping production of it's wagon, and there's an increasing trend of SUVs instead.

Ford stopped making the Falcon wagon years ago, since the (then) new Mondeo was pretty much the same size they decided there wasn't much point in making a new generation Falcon wagon (of which 5% were sold to private buyers, 95% of Falcon wagon buyers were fleets).

IIRC there are more wagons on sale now than there were 5 years ago.

As for good wagons, depends what you want from it. Boring load lugger: Mondeo, Passat, low spec Liberty et al. Mazda6 looks quite nice. Luxury ones: Audi Avants, BMW Tourings, Skoda Superb even. Sporty ones: Commodore Sportwagon, turbo Liberty, Stagea and all those. There are plenty to choose from.

Well, with the girlfriend now, there's more pressure on me.. And my personal favourite car types: 2 seater convertibles, wagons and hatchbacks. Sadly, I don't have too much free cash, maybe only AUD20K. So I'm just looking. I'm not really content with a new-ish econobox, but girlfriend wants something newer. Pfft. Women.

20k could get you a decent BF XR6T. Not a wagon but a massive boot and very roomy. You may also find a FG for that money if you're lucky.

EDIT: That being said

http://www.*************.au/dealer/...=autech|CarAll&silo=Stock&num=15&sort=default

Autech 260rs in your price range.

Last edited:
The Japanese like to chop the GTR front-end onto those StageAs. Makes for a hella mean wagon:

KH7d13Q.jpg

HbsIdmD.png

and an R35 one:
wODnaxk.jpg

stagea are a great car parts are easy to get in Australia, the drive line is all skyline rs4 models are rb25det. the one you want though is the 260rs stagea using the gtr motor rb26dett that's series 1 and 2. the 2002 model onwards different shape use the vq25det and some have (rarer) vq35 out of the 350z.
I had a stagea with a few mods was a fast wagon with lots of space, am now looking for one again. (partner made he sell the old one, exhaust too loud, bought Honda euro, within 2 mths she wanted the stagea back. women go figure.) pics here