Obituaries Notable people that have passed

Last edited:

Star Trek and fandom as we know it all stems from the efforts and passion of John and his wife Bjo Trimble, the couple who launched a grassroots letter writing campaign to Save Star Trek following NBC’s cancellation of the Original Series, resulting in a third season. With enough episodes then, Star Trek was able to enter syndication, propelling it into a phenomenon that warranted an animated series in 1973 and big-budget feature in 1979.

All of sci-fi really owes a debt of gratitude to their actions. Without Star Trek showing there was an appetite for sci-fi shows, how different would our entertainment landscape look today?

I don't recognise his name but I'm a big fan of the Peter Gunn Theme. Blues Brothers, Spyhunter...

Dabney Coleman, 92

One of those actors where I've recognized him for decades, and if I saw his name I wouldn't place it even though I'd know the name, but then you show me his photo, and I'd say, "Oh! That guy!"

Looking through his IMDB, he was in several shows with dozens and dozens of episodes, but I never watched any of them, and haven't even heard of some of them despite having over 100 episodes.

Last edited:
Dabney Coleman, 92

One of those actors where I've recognized him for decades, and if I saw his name I wouldn't place it even though I'd know the name, but then you show me his photo, and I'd say, "Oh! That guy!"

Looking through his IMDB, he was in several shows with dozens and dozens of episodes, but I never watched any of them, and haven't even heard of some of them despite having over 100 episodes.

He is most famous for being the boss in "9 to 5" and then for "War Games".

Yeah, it did click once I scrolled through IMDB's photos and recognized some of those movies. but I feel like I've seen his face so so much more often than these roles, but...just one of those things...unless...is there another actor that looks a LOT like he did in the 80s/90s? Could I be confusing him with another actor? 🤔