Official 2010 F1 Pre-Season Thread

Does this mean Jaques Villeneuve will appear and along with Mark Webber make an important but altogether under appreciated impact on the season?:lol: And does this make Brawn a sort of inoffensive and likable version of Maxxies dad? XDD Wow... I'm going to go off and make more lame comparisons now....:p

Everyone knows the the U.S. really won the war!

So does that mean we won't be seeing USF1 for a couple years? :p

Last edited:
Does that mean Kubica will have appalling start of the season and than team will be taken over by Russians?

Silly teams designing cars to go fast when they should work on protection and weapons.

Hehe, this make me think of my theory on avoiding wars. Wars should be fought as an F1 race, with all the countries having a car (A1GP style, but each country makes their car). The results would be the same as now, with the guy with most money or most ingenuity winning, but no one would be killed. It's perfect. Just imagine Obama on the pitwall :lol: ....

Hehe, this make me think of my theory on avoiding wars. Wars should be fought as an F1 race, with all the countries having a car (A1GP style, but each country makes their car). The results would be the same as now, with the guy with most money or most ingenuity winning, but no one would be killed. It's perfect. Just imagine Obama on the pitwall :lol: ....
No.

F1, with addon of Death Race.

Oh yeah. :>

i just read in this months TG that Branson has a wager with Lotus boss Fernandes, who owns AirAsia, that if Virgin doesnt outscore Lotus in their first season, he will work one day on a AirAsia flight in full cabin crew get up!

as much as i love mr branson, i really wanna see that happen!

Yeah...like something like this will ever happen...multigazillionaire working cabin crew...OR Lotus outscoring Virgin :p

Yeah...like something like this will ever happen...multigazillionaire working cabin crew...OR Lotus outscoring Virgin :p

As some of you seem to live under a rock, i'll re-repeat it once again:

Lotus is the only factory team of the new additions. Of course, Proton cars (if we like them or not, they not only are Malaysia's biggest carmaker, but they also own Lotus cars) only owns half the team, but Merc never owned that much of McLaren and they were still counted as a factory entry.

So Lotus will have a reasonable budget and their CTO, Mike Gascoyne, has a better track record than Nick Wirth.

On the other hand, Branson is mad enough to a) serve a day on a cabin crew if he loses and b) dump gazillions of Euros from his private account into Virgin to prevent it from happening.

EDIT: Not to mention Jarno and Heikki being a more promising driver pair than Glock and di Grassi.

Last edited:
Teams proposed little change in the points system. 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 for first ten drivers. I think it's the best option so far. Good bonus for win, proper differences between places. Hope that FIA will choose this.

can i make a bold proposal?

since they're saying even F1 needs to get on the eco-bandwagon...

for the driver championship, leave as is, or change to what's described by settler or whatever

now for team championship...first remove all restriction concerning engineslayout, displacement, technology, ...do whatever you want...

but...at the end of the race, they check for each car how much fuel is used, and if you're above the average...points are deducted...if you're below...you gain points...

what'ya think?

^ I like that

would have to flesh it out with a limit on displacement or something

or maybe allow free reign on supercharging methods, an upper displacement limit and perhaps a target HP zone to keep people from going big engine + big turbo. no diesels though coz that would really confuse things...are perhaps have diesels and then give them a smaller fuel tank and work the fuel usage out related too or as a factor of their tank size? so that the scores are equivalent?

you know so u can have a 2.4 NA V8 or a 1.5 4pot turbo both making 700bhp or something

also free reign on energy recovery methods such as kinetic energy recovery, or waste heat recovery or HCCI (basically compressively combusting petrol at part loads .... like a diesel).

needs a lot of fleshing out, but thats a good idea....infact anything that takes the reigns off the engineers is good in my book. though i do realise that rules are needed or else you'll just end up with one team dominating for the entire season

Last edited:
^ why not? Audi pulled it off in the LM series.... no reason why they couldnt do the same in F1 if they had the choice

no diesels though coz that would really confuse things...are perhaps have diesels and then give them a smaller fuel tank and work the fuel usage out related too or as a factor of their tank size? so that the scores are equivalent?

different fuel types are possible, but then they shouldn't look at the quantity used, but how much energy they consumed...(1l diesel contains more energy than 1l petrol)

this way even full eletric cars can participate...not sure that i would want that though :unsure:

Last edited:
I don't like it. It just makes the track even more Mickey Mouse than before. And they say it improves overtaking opportunities... Maybe it did for the GTs that ran a 24-hour race on that layout, but for F1 it's just going to be a silly addition.