Racer X Design KC-427 Concept

Well, it's still ironic, because it's suposed to portry the Corbra. They happen to be using a Chevy engine. It's a good thing, but it's ironic none the less.

No, that's not it.

When Shelby created the Cobra he went to Chevrolet first for engines, they turned him down not wanting to create competition for the Corvette.

He first went to Chevrolet to see if they would provide him with engines, but not wanting to add competition to the Corvette they said no. Ford however, wanted a car that could compete with the Corvette and they happened to have a brand new thin wall small block engine which could be used in this endeavor.

The original Cobra isn't even a Ford, so I don't find it that ironic. I'm sure if Ford sold a reliable new 427 V8, this car would use it.

The original Cobra isn't even a Ford, so I don't find it that ironic. I'm sure if Ford sold a reliable new 427 V8, this car would use it.

But the engine in the first Cobra was Ford.

Cool concept, looks awesome, great design and engine choice. But its going to fail miserably, suck, and not sell even 20 units. Just wait and see.

But the engine in the first Cobra was Ford.

I suppose it was. But the AC Ace used a BMW derived 4cylinder before going with a Chrysler V8. Then they switched to Ford engines when Carrol got involved.

Cool concept, looks awesome, great design and engine choice. But its going to fail miserably, suck, and not sell even 20 units. Just wait and see.

you might be on the right track there. i never really liked the GTV concept they came out with. it looked like a Honda CRX with Alfa Romeo GTV body parts slapped on it.

Looks amazing - I don't care what's powering it (well, provided it's large, has eight cylinders, and they're arranged in a V...), I want some.