Remizak's 2010 nissian maxima

remizak

Car(s)
2010 nissian maxima
I finally got around to taking a few pic's of my car its just your average run of the mill Maxima

2011-10-07_16-58-43_347.jpg

2011-10-07_16-58-56_311.jpg

2011-10-07_16-59-30_921.jpg

2011-10-07_16-59-48_530.jpg

The general manager of the dealership grew up with my parents and has been a family friend forever so I was able to get it loaded and pay less per month than an equally equipped 3 series, C class or A4 and all of the oil changes and other minor maintenance is comped so it just made the most sense to me.

That's awesome.

I remember growing up, that the Maxima used to be such a popular car and well regarded. Then it just sort of faded out, but every time I've driven a Maxima, I thought they were very good to drive and comfy too.

Yeah I have no idea why they kind of faded out the car is comfortable handles well in all conditions, has almost 300 hp and 354 N?m of torque the Bose sound system is fantastic. I think its probably due to the fact that it is a Nissan if it had a BMW or Mercedes badge on it it would sell a lot more units.

I've liked this version ever since it came out. Great-looking, great-feeling car in my opinion!!

Is it still FWD? They could've at least made it AWD to differentiate it more from the Altima.

Question:

How is the CVT? I've always liked the Maxima myself for being good looking, reasonably luxurious, and sporty for a family sedan, but when I heard that the latest generation was CVT mandatory, that pretty much ended it. A family member who's been a long time Nissan driver planned on trading in his truck for one, but ended up passing on it, so I've been curious ever since.

honestly the CVT isn't bad when say merging onto the highway if you give it a boot full it stays on the power quite well unlike some automatic's with bad gear ratios. The fuel economy is pretty good for a v6 on a long journey Chicago to Las Vegas I averaged 32.6 mpg the CVT loves cruise control. I normally get around 25-27 mpg with highway/city combined.

It seems hard to argue with that kind of mileage from a car that size. Are there any situations that specifically confuse the CVT? The automotive press throws around the term "rubber-band-like" all the time, and I imagined that it would be during periods of sustained acceleration, as the CVT tries to stay in the maximum (no pun intended) power range, but your experience merging seems to disprove that. And do you ever use the (way cool looking) shift paddles on the wheel?

I mostly use the paddle shifters and with the power for long periods of acceleration and short it stays on the power very well but I chalk that up to the V6. I test drove an Altima with the same CVT and it would be painfully slow on acceleration until you get around 3k-3.2k rpm. I think the reason they toss around rubber band like is because there is no gear change feeling like you would normally get with a standard gear box. I have had no issues at all with the CVT on the V6