serious case of *WANT*

do not want

do%20not%20want2.jpg

Don't be hatin' on Ma Russia. ;p

But it's not exactly impressive... slightly good looking though. Only slightly.

What's the goal for this car? I see an under 5 0-60 time, but top speed? Total power output? The 240hp V6 next to an ambiguous battery makes me wonder just how much work the electric motor is supposed to do.

Unfortunately, this just looks like a doomed project from the start.

Naah, just look strange. Sorry but russia can do better!

hmmm

eh it looks pretty meh... i think someone in russia needs to License the Sukhoi or Mikoyan name and start making supercars named after fighter jets. Just like whoever licensed Kalashnikov for watches

I think russia should give up car manufacturing, modify all the remaining production lines to make Fords, Mazdas and other "good enough quality, affordable" cars under a licence and move on. Not only it will be much better for the safety and environment, part of the national "shame" will disappear.

Last edited:
Looks half Lambo half Pagani to me.

I don't think this will go any different than the current thing Fomenko does - the TG Russia, which, by coincidence, also is a hopeless try at copying something other nations are good at. It will stick around for a bit, some people will go "wow", some will go "meh", and it will quietly die and get out of everyone's mind.

Seriously - the last time Russia tried to do an Italian sort of car, they ended up copying the Fiat 124 design, making it basically worse and sticking with it for decades.

I don't think this will go any different than the current thing Fomenko does - the TG Russia, which, by coincidence, also is a hopeless try at copying something other nations are good at. It will stick around for a bit, some people will go "wow", some will go "meh", and it will quietly die and get out of everyone's mind.

Seriously - the last time Russia tried to do an Italian sort of car, they ended up copying the Fiat 124 design, making it basically worse and sticking with it for decades.

I disagree with you slightly there. First of all - yes the Zhiguli (Lada) is a copy of the Fiat 124 made worse, but that was for a reason. It was meant to withstand russian weather, something that would kill the Fiat in a damn hurry. The Zhiguli did work in the russian winter. Lack of material though did also play a part in it ;)

The russians can do a decent sports car/race car though - the Lada revolution is a good example. The Marussia is an attempt on mixing the looks of a super car and some green-ish technology. It may never challenge the market of Pagani & Co, but they will find buyers, I'm conviced of that :mrgreen:

Ugly and only (relatively speaking) 240hp. DO NOT WANT.

Russian Supercar.

My brain just hemorrhaged trying to reconcile these two concepts.

autoblog said:
The Marussia is slated to use a 240-hp, 3.5-liter six-cylinder engine, most likely from Renault or Nissan[...]The company foresees a 0-62 mph dash of around five seconds and a Tesla-like price tag of $100,000.
... ugly, slow, hybrid, treehugger ...

fail_car.jpg

If you copy the looks of Hypercars, at least make the bitch fast ... but this won?t even scare a basic 911 ... wich is even cheaper ...

Last edited: