Autoblog: Singer 911 - 56k, take a long long hike.

house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg

1 question tho, does it have traction control?, cause that will spoil it

Somewhere in the process of the 80s and 90s, car companies were so concerned with making everything ergonomic and neutered so that even poodles with high heels could drive their cars, they forgot that some cars, especially cars like these, just need some brute, brash knobs and buttons with a bunch of metal everywhere. This soccer mom friendly interior business most people are into these days... it lacks the soul and passion of stuff like this... and the cars too.

Even modern supercars are far more concerned with style than function. This thing is the epitome of what a sports car should be. Everything ilooks and works the way it does for a reason, and it looks amazing because of it.

This is a throwback to sports cars of the past. No stupid electrnic gizmos everywhere. No compass in the rear view mirror. No power point for your cell phones and no LCD screens for your PS2. Just a dashboard, 3 pedals, and gear stick, and nothing between you and the tires except a steering wheel and some carburetors.

Last edited:
Wow thats awesome. I hate using net phrases like "do want" but.. DO WANT. Man, that is just perfection in my book. Whats the going rate for kidney's these days?

:cry:

:D

I have to admit when I saw the thread title my first thought was some kind of bizarre hybrid based on this...

singer-gazelle1.jpg

But then I clicked, and when I saw those photos I made a noise that I normally reserve for situations where I'm a) quite a lot more naked than I am now, b) on very, VERY good terms with the person I'm with and c) not balancing a computer on my knee.

That is just stunning. I love everything about it.

I'm joining the 'DO WANT' crew.

Then I'm changing my underwear.

Somewhere in the process of the 80s and 90s, car companies were so concerned with making everything ergonomic and neutered so that even poodles with high heels could drive their cars, they forgot that some cars, especially cars like these, just need some brute, brash knobs and buttons with a bunch of metal everywhere. This soccer mom friendly interior business most people are into these days... it lacks the soul and passion of stuff like this... and the cars too.

Even modern supercars are far more concerned with style than function. This thing is the epitome of what a sports car should be. Everything ilooks and works the way it does for a reason, and it looks amazing because of it.

This is a throwback to sports cars of the past. No stupid electrnic gizmos everywhere. No compass in the rear view mirror. No power point for your cell phones and no LCD screens for your PS2. Just a dashboard, 3 pedals, and gear stick, and nothing between you and the tires except a steering wheel and some carburetors.

Amen

That was just pure beauty. I want one!

Rob Dickinson was on Adam Carolla's carcast last weekend with the first customer car. You can listen to the podcast, and see a gallery here, you might have to click to the second show in the player, since there is a new one this with the Tesla. I love this car, for my taste, it's just about perfect.

img_3021.jpg

video here
[video]http://www.motorator.com/videos/1422[/video]