Site Bugs [Not Forum Bugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure if this is a bug of the site, or just a Browser thing, but the links at the top of the main page, specifically the 'Shows' link, is an off colour in Safari.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/24/Picture2.png

Not too sure if this is a bug of the site, or just a Browser thing, but the links at the top of the main page, specifically the 'Shows' link, is an off colour in Safari.

It's a Safari-is-a-piece-of-crap issue.

The image is different from the others (it used to say "Downloads") and was made later on (which is why it's displaying differently), but Firefox and IE both render it the same as the others.

Safari just has shit PNG support apparently.

The image is different from the others (it used to say "Downloads") and was made later on (which is why it's displaying differently), but Firefox and IE both render it the same as the others.

Safari just has shit PNG support apparently.

I'll take shit PNG support over crashing every five minutes since the new FF upgrade. :/ Thanks for explaining that.

Don't know about the mac version, but the windows version of Firefox is just as solid as ever.

Don't know about the mac version, but the windows version of Firefox is just as solid as ever.
Agreed.

If you're having any crashing issues, then it's extention related.

Seriously FUBAR'd!

34dt14w.jpg

viper is in the process of recoding the site so possibly a mistake somewhere along the line

It seems fine now.

Squid (frontend cache) is not playing nice with the gzip'ed version of the site (you're seeing the raw gzip content rather than it being decompressed). Been doing it quite a bit today, so I set the expire time to an hour rather than a day. So worst case the site is broken for an hour.

Quiky is gone, but I'll see if an Apache restart helps.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the squid implementation you guys are using, but if it continues to be a problem I'll see what I can do.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the squid implementation you guys are using, but if it continues to be a problem I'll see what I can do.
I never managed to figure out how to restart Apache. Google gave me some results, but I didn't wanna risk fucking up the site by doing something bad with sudo.

Mind doing it for me? :)

I've told you a thousand times how to reset apache.

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

I've told you a thousand times how to reset apache.

I wrote it down, but then lost the file during my format (dunno where I put it :lol:).

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

That's what I found via Google, but since I wasn't 110% sure that was the correct command for this particular server, I decided it was better to be safe than sorry.

Quick question:

I've not been able to view the main site for well over a week now using any of the 3 available web browsers. This has happened before and its something to do with my router or something.

What can I do to fix it? Obviously the main site has been working fine for everyone else, otherwise there'd be chatter about it everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.