TG's morning after!

Just a question @ Peter of the Cosmos: I am using a fresh install of Quicktime on XP and it is saying I need some "additional software to playback the video" Is there something wrong here?

The files are also unable to run in any of my other players (VLC, MPC, etc.)...

Getting the same error.

Getting the same error.

At least I don't feel alone anymore :p; I just wanted to add that Zoom Player gives a little bit of a better description and says I'm either having a hardware incompatibility issue or am missing a filter. Is there a special filter on these files?

At least I don't feel alone anymore; I just wanted to add that Zoom Player gives a little bit of a better description and says I'm either having a hardware incompatibility issue or am missing a filter. Is there a special filter on these files?

I just waited for the real stream on topgear.com. Took a couple of minutes but it was worth it.

Best bit was "Im going round the hammerhead now" - Jeremy "pretend-wanking" :lol:

I just waited for the real stream on topgear.com. Took a couple of minutes but it was worth it.

Best bit was "Im going round the hammerhead now" - Jeremy "pretend-wanking" :lol:

There's just something about having the actual files and the ability to not need to stream them that feels better. Like when your internet goes out and you just have that need to watch some Top Gear uncut news segments :p

I loved the "Hyundai Cold, Damp, Lingering Sense of Misery and Failure." Embarassingly, I have an Accent as a second car and it gives me that exact feeling every time I get in it...

*obvious motion* Im going around the hammerhead now! :lol:

Wow, they really have a hay-day more than we see on TV :lol:

Too bad several thousand miles and large body of water are in the way of the chances of me ever seeing it live.

Just a question @ Peter of the Cosmos: I am using a fresh install of Quicktime on XP and it is saying I need some "additional software to playback the video" Is there something wrong here?

The files are also unable to run in any of my other players (VLC, MPC, etc.)...

Hmm, sorry about that. Let me get back to you on this.

Does it work for any PC users out there? If so, what are you doing differently?

oop, works now, i told windows to buffer 10 minutes at a time.

EDIT well, vid 2 doesn't work but im sure it'll come round

yeah me to, it was a little short though.... but still fun!

i had a right chew getting these to play on my mac.

seems flip4mac only wants to work in opera, where as it'll just crash safari and firefox. bit of a pain seeing as im trying to get out of using opera for the fact that i cant actually see any of my passwords. which is bad because i cant remember any of them. at least FF will let you see em.

think ill just uninstall F4M and just do what i always did, open in VLC.

Hey there everyone, have been lurking for a long time, but decided to come out from my shell this once and to do everyone a favour.

I have uploaded the 4 clips to rs (sorry, can't use any other file host) in 1 rar file. There is no pw and you can have a look at the screencaps for the quality. WMP plays it best though, there is some distortion while playing in VLC.

Let me know if it works for those having problems.

Download Here

And just wanted to add, this is a fantastic community and great job on the helmet :)

@ static: choose broadband connection in the settings.

i'd love to see some other uncut clips from other topgear segments. and if any topgear person is reading this: why not put a 'download' link on the page?

Hey there everyone, have been lurking for a long time, but decided to come out from my shell this once and to do everyone a favour.

I have uploaded the 4 clips to rs (sorry, can't use any other file host) in 1 rar file. There is no pw and you can have a look at the screencaps for the quality. WMP plays it best though, there is some distortion while playing in VLC.

Let me know if it works for those having problems.

Download Here

And just wanted to add, this is a fantastic community and great job on the helmet :)
Hmm... mind doing it to yousendit at my email ? Because my provider here is on a static IP and all the ports are screwed ie. I cannot download from RS.

If its fine, please let me know and I'll PM you or anyone for that matter. :)