The 9/11 Tapes: The Story in the Air

... let me just ask this - why is this worthy of a "Political Discussion"? Aren?t you confusing "history" with "politics"?

... let me just ask this - why is this worthy of a "Political Discussion"? Aren?t you confusing "history" with "politics"?

And you think it won't get political at some point? Somehow I doubt it belongs in the Aviation or Archaeology Threads.

You know of a more appropriate place to put it?

I think you're not an American, and that you have some preconceived idea of why I put this here.

Some people (Americans, most likely) may actually want to hear some of this. Some of it is heart-wrenching, so to be a callous jackass about it is really not cool.

Last edited:
And you think it won't get political at some point? [...]
I?m saying it shouldn?t ...

Don?t know if it?s just me, but 10 years after the Events I?d like to see Politics turn their back on 9/11. I?m not saying the public should, but I think at some point this has to stop influencing politicial debates. And this would be a good moment. IMO of course. Feel free to disagree.

[...] Some people (Americans, most likely) may actually want to hear some of this. Some of it is heart-wrenching, so to be a callous jackass about it is really not cool.
I find it interesting (and shocking) too ... in an historical way. Not in a political way. Or ask yourself - how long do you think 9/11 should stay a political topic?

Last edited:
I?m saying it shouldn?t ...

Don?t know if it?s just me, but 10 years after the Events I?d like to see Politics turn their back on 9/11. I?m not saying the public should, but I think at some point this has to stop influencing politicial debates. And this would be a good moment. IMO of course. Feel free to disagree.

It has changed not only the political discourse in this country, but the way we live our daily lives.

Politics in the United States cannot turn its back on 9/11. Because of the events of that day, we have the Department of Homeland Security, the TSA, we've had our rights to privacy erode and we've given up certain civil liberties.

It has changed not only the political discourse in this country, but the way we live our daily lives.

Politics in the United States cannot turn its back on 9/11. Because of the events of that day, we have the Department of Homeland Security, the TSA, we've had our rights to privacy erode and we've given up certain civil liberties.
And you?re saying 9/11 will basically be a political topic for ever? I find this hard to swallow.

It is still political, why else would they not have the first responders at the ceremonies this week? Not to mention the first responders having to fight to get proper health care covered for the damage they took that day.

Might as well start a new thread. FG investigators derailed this one.