The best ever Clarkson,Hammond and May Quotes

JC reviewing the Jaguar XK: "Last time I had this much fun ... some furniture got broken." ;)

Jeremy: Ooh. Just before we do the news, we've had a letter. Got to share it with you... um... Here- pink note paper- all the i's have got little circles on them- ready? Dear Richard...
Richard: [very calm thus far] Oh, right.
Jeremy: [reading] Yeah, I watch Top Gear, I think you're the best looking guy on the program.
Richard: [frowning] That's hardly an achievement, is it?
Jeremy: You're cool- fair point- [he means that it's hardly an achievement to be the best looking guy, not that Hammond is cool] You're cool, good looking, ace hairstyle, wicked clothes...
Richard: She said that? She sounds all right!
Jeremy: Best wishes... that's ah- that's um, Stuart.
[Audience laughs]
Richard: It's a modern world, that's all right.
Jeremy: But it gets better, because would you like to know Stuart's address?
Richard: Not really, no...
Jeremy: The Folkston Wing, Her Majesty's Prison, Broadmore.
Richard: Broadmore?
Jeremy: He's getting out soon and he wants to know-
Richard: But he could be watching now! Shut up!
Jeremy: [Raising a hand to shush Hammond] No, listen- 'What did you do with all of the shirts from the last series; can I have them?'
Richard: No! No you c- Or wait, yes, I- How long's he gonna be... at that address...? Do we know?
James: Um, it's better than that. Stuart, come on in! [Richard is terrified] No, I'm kidding.
Richard: I don't like that.
roflmao

I'm not sure exactly what it was:

"The Espace is probably the best of the people carriers. But that's a bit like saying 'I've got syphilis, the best of the sexually transmitted diseases.'"

Last edited:
^ Renault Espace! I just saw that bit today! (Part of one of the "Best-Of" compilation episodes that've aired on BBC America recently...segments from Series/Seasons 7 and 8, I think.) It was in the intro to the "convert the Espace to a convertible" challenge.

Someone briefly had the Grosser/Corniche segment from S11E5 on the YouTube awhile back.

James had a line that cracked me up; I think it had something to do with dictators and Elvis owning Grossers:

"It is an impressive list, but, if your theory is correct, that means you're either going to murder millions of people. Or, you're going to die on the bog trying to get 500 cheeseburgers out of your poo chute!"

Last edited:
The convertible people carrier challenge (w/the Espace) is from S8 E1.

JC: "The kids are being annoying. Shoot them!"
JC: "Shoot the enemy in the middle of its face!"

From 12x06:

James: "And now, the news! And it's great news, ladies and gentlemen. It's news to warm the hearts of nations...Jeremy Clarkson has lost his voice!"
Audience: "Yaaaaaaayyy!" :roflmao:

May during the Alfa challenge on spotting those two smoking chicks:

"Hello!"

Everytime I see that I burst out laughing, he sounds like he's 12!

JC: "The kids are being annoying. Shoot them!"
JC: "Shoot the enemy in the middle of its face!"

His "Look at that, the smoke grenades fit perfectly in the cupholders" made me laugh.

May during the Alfa challenge on spotting those two smoking chicks:

"Hello!"

Everytime I see that I burst out laughing, he sounds like he's 12!

Oh, god, I know! I watched that episode last night and I cracked up...Hello! :lol::lol:

And what, might I ask, are you doing with my avatar?!

I'm rockin' it like "Oliver": unmodified. :mrgreen:

Oh, quotes? I got nothin' at the moment.

I'm rockin' it like "Oliver": unmodified. :mrgreen:

Oh, quotes? I got nothin' at the moment.

Seriously? Not cool to use someone else's avatar. :mad:

EDIT: Anonymous Neg-Repping Coward - Grow a spine and sign your votes, or do you think I'm low enough to retaliate with a neg-rep of my own? I'm not a "Whiny bitch" as you so colorfully put it. It is common courtesy to not use the same avatar as another user. I brought this up gently by asking the person in question if there was a reason we had the same avatar. Now, she could have just said, "Oh, sorry about that" or, "I didn't know anyone else was using it, did you recently change yours?" Instead she chose to make a confrontation out of it. Now, I didn't hand out any neg-reps for this, so why should you? I don't really care about the few rep-points I may have lost because of your measly vote, but an anonymous vote is the mark of a spinless coward. I have no problem signing all my votes, good or bad. I feel confident doing this because I stand by my words and don't hide behind the rep system. So, man up, strap on an ACME Instant Spine and glue some balls on. If you can't sign your comments then maybe you don't have the stones to be speaking in the first place and should simply shut the hell up. If you can sign it, then fine.

Last edited:
Seriously? Not cool to use someone else's avatar. :mad:

I agree.

I am the one that posted that pic here and even I missed out on getting it.

So avatar stealer, go find your own.