The FOOTball thread

Nah, he got sacked a long time ago. GS started the year poorly and haven't been great since. Gheorghe Hagi is coaching right now.

AGUDELO!

That was a very lucky match, thankfully it didn't count for anything, but the US could have easily lost 6-1. Totally dominated while playing at home.

I'm not sure where you got 6-1, but Bob Bradley is inept (4-4-2 idiot 4-5-1 doesn't work)... The second half was evenly matched with a slight edge to Argentina.

So the long haired geordie just scored for Ingurland. Satisfied, I am.

Neymar makes his third appearance in Brazil shirt, scores two and immediately announces that he doesn't want to come to Europe after all. What a tease!

Portugal - Finland friendly was a pretty sad sight. Ronaldo didn't play and the rest of the Portugal team looked like they were playing some sunday afternoon charity game, still won 2-0 with plenty of opportunities wasted. Something need to be done with the Finnish team, I want to see them play in the EC or WC at least once in my life.

I think they were playing better under Roy Hodgson. Now, they need to improve...

Just going back to Sporting Lisbon and those Dutch coaches, well the club's presidential election is done and dusted, and some other candidate won it. The new president didn't name any names, but it is widely believed he has an agreement with Domingos Paci?ncia, currently at Sporting Braga.

I think I'll be crossing TFC off my favourite soccer team list. Ugh. Classic MLSE.

Good for him though. I don't follow MLS too much, but I sit close to his brother at work, and it seems Dwayne had it pretty bad here. Good luck to him in New York.

Last edited:
How often have we seen this? Always have to remember that United never give up, never surrender and always goes for a win, no matter what. Oh how I love it!:D

Mourinho's 150 unbeaten home game run brought to an end by Sporting Gijon today :D. From the highlights it looks like Gijon made quite an amazing effort towards the end of the game to maintain their lead. At the same time an important 0 - 1 win for Barcelona over Villarreal with Pique scoring a rare goal. Lead to Real Madrid stretched to eight points again, I think that pretty much seals the title for Barca, no matter what the outcome of El Clasico.

I was a bit worried beforehand but was pleasantly surprised to see Milan dominate the derby and comfortably win 3 - 0 even with Robinho wasting opportunities. Pato was brilliant. Very important win considering the title. They now have some space to breathe with a five point lead over Inter but I assume Napoli will take the second spot after their next game.

9 years without losing at home is rather impressive! But it had to come to an end sometime

9 years without losing at home is rather impressive! But it had to come to an end sometime

Mighty impressive. But the man seems like a proper bellend so I'm just happy to see him fail. If Barca win El Clasico and win La Liga with a 10+ point lead I want to see the shit storm in Madrid and who Mourinho's gonna blame this time :)

Anyone watch the Russian league? I'm partial to CSKA Moscow and watch some of their games if I can.

Only a few clips they show on RT.com, the Russian 24 hour news channel in english.

New season of the Premier League has just started and will last 18 months to synchronise with the rest of Europe. (?)

:)

Yeah, the conversion season this year is a bit strange though. They're doing their standard 30-game schedule that runs March through November, but then after a winter break they are splitting the league into a top half and bottom half, and will play 14 more games (once at home and once away against eachh team in their half) to determine the championship and European spots (for the top half) and the relegated teams (for the bottom half). It is planned that the second phase will run from January through April, but has yet to be completely determined.