Top Gear presenters in the Gunball

anthrax

Car(s)
2011 Ford Focus Sedan 2.0 Ghia Flex
Petrolheads,

I don't know if they have already made any comment/mention in the older series (from 1999 on), but wouldn't it be great if BBC send the three presenters to follow one of the Gunball events :D ?? Like put them behind the wheel of some great car (or not, which would be the funniest since most of the cars are like Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, etc), so they can review the event itself and making comments or even car reviews on the others' participants cars, just like on the July, 24 2005 TG episode?

I assume you mean the Gumball... :p

It's a great idea - but I can't imagine the BBC would want to be seen to be condoning such an event.

I'm sure it's been discussed before...

someone find the link so I can lock this. :lol:

Sorry by my mispelling :oops: ... this is the reason why, when a did a search in the site, nothing come up (which I found pretty strange) and then decided to post it....

I mentioned I thought it would be a good idea for the Top Gear guys to enter into the Gumball Rally in some post about the new Gumball 3000, wasn't the main topic though

Well, the BBC won't do that, and the guys can't afford it themselves...

Remember the article Jezza wrote about that Charity thing? Where he bidded highest on some cruise... It was 25000 pounds, and thats 15000 less than the entry fee. He said "I simply don't have that sort of money to throw around...

Buba

Ages ago I heard a rumour that James was going to do the BBORR in October in a mini. His entry had been deferred from the May race because of filming committments.

If anyone knows whether he's defs doing it or not please please pretty please lemme know.

Buba said:
Well, the BBC won't do that, and the guys can't afford it themselves...

Remember the article Jezza wrote about that Charity thing? Where he bidded highest on some cruise... It was 25000 pounds, and thats 15000 less than the entry fee. He said "I simply don't have that sort of money to throw around...

Buba

He bought a Ford GT. A Ford GT. One of thirty people in the UK who could get one.

He has to have SOME money. Did Ford just give it to him?