Top Gear's Future

Keep The Show Going - Get the German bird in - Sabine.

Keep The Show Going - Get the German bird in - Sabine.

First of all, hope Rich gets well soon and prayers to family etc...

BUT

As the BBC have recorded the show mostly already, what I would like to see is an anouncement at the begenning of the show - Richard update / recognition so that he is definitely not being dropped and everyone knows this which might degenerate into - a weekly piss take on Richard saying how he's been laying in bed, playing xbox and crashing etc... Perhaps - a live report from the bed of Hammond big breakfast style, and have the show go ahead.

Get a temporary replacement - The German Transit van chick Sabine. Can't really think of who else might be suitable. Otherwise it's looking like no Top Gear for 6 months. One Fifth Gear cafe + streetfire.net won't quite be the same.

"We won't do Top Gear without him" - Andy Wilman

It'll be hard to wait for Hammond to get better but you can't just put someone else in temporarily. It just wouldn't be Top Gear without him.

I guess TG's return depends on when they decide Hammond is ready.

If he's able to do studio only stuff, I could see him back in a month or so, with a shortened season (rather than the 6 months to do the challenges and all).

However, if he needs to do some more challenges/reviews/etc before the season (that aren't able to be delayed with the shortened season), then I can see TG returning when the summer season normally starts.

Of course, we're all glad Hamster's going to be OK, which is the important thing.