Trying to scam a shop out of 16k worth of work

Ok, how old is this kid? He has a 16 year old girlfriend and has some kind of outstanding scamming record? I never thought of kids as good scam artists, I thought this kind of thing took years of practice? What other kind of scams has he pulled? Max I put him at 20 years old and that's creepy in itself with a 16 year old girlfriend.

Wow! :eek: Hope he has to pay the tuner tonnes of money! What an idiot!

which place does work and then asks for the money? dont they normally take the money first, then deliver the goods?

Well, it seems like an avoidable situation, but this sort of stuff happens. 20/20 and all that.

Feel bad for the owners, as they are suffering under this and the kid is just being an imature and retarded idiot.

They did take a down payment, but it was small. The reason they thought he could pay for it is because he was paying for materials and kept bringing really nice stuff in. But in retrospect it was all probably stolen/scammed from people.

In the end I suspect the shop will get screwed. They never got a work order, and while they may get some money, I'm betting that they won't get 16 grand, especially if (as I understand) much of it is labor. The kid will argue that it got totally out of hand on their end and that they cranked up the costs to try and screw him. After all, it is a VAST amount of money to invest in a Celica, and the fact that they were willing to take very little down from a young kid is just not going to sway the judge a whole lot in the end.

I'm not trying to be a downer, just trying to be realistic about this.

Steve

In the end I suspect the shop will get screwed. They never got a work order, and while they may get some money, I'm betting that they won't get 16 grand, especially if (as I understand) much of it is labor. The kid will argue that it got totally out of hand on their end and that they cranked up the costs to try and screw him. After all, it is a VAST amount of money to invest in a Celica, and the fact that they were willing to take very little down from a young kid is just not going to sway the judge a whole lot in the end.

Steve

Ya thats what I was thinking too. But evidently they do have a signed document, and because of his record before they believe that would sway the courts.

I do custom work and I always get half up front; no payment, no work.

Steve
+1!! :thumbup:

After publicly shaming the guy I doubt that the dealer would see much in Europe, afterall we have rules how to collect debt and actively and publicly supplying information to anyone on the internet is not part of those.
I also find it rather fishy that the dealer is asking for donations to his paypal account.

+1!! :thumbup:

After publicly shaming the guy I doubt that the dealer would see much in Europe, afterall we have rules how to collect debt and actively and publicly supplying information to anyone on the internet is not part of those.
I also find it rather fishy that the dealer is asking for donations to his paypal account.

He isn't asking for donations, other people were offering and after about 10 people asked he opened it up for them.

He could go about it like the Nigerian debt collectors....... with hyenas and baboons.

nigerians6.jpg