utorrent help please

madman84

Hello all i am very new to the utorrent scene. i am from the states and i just use media player etc and that is what i am used too. I down loaded utorrent and i granted it access to my ports through my norton anitvirus. Now when i click on the links for the top gear episodes it directs me to mininova.com where it tells you to download the torrent. I have microsoft xp and windows internet explorer. When i click on the down load link on mininova for the torrent nothing happens. The little windows icon in the upper right hand corner of the screne moves but nothing else. i check the utorrent menu and it says that nothing is downloading? Can someone please help me with this? I would very much like to watch these episodes but i cant get the damn program to run properly. thank you for your help. Also yes i did check the faq and i went to urottent.com and read thier faq but nothing is realy posted reguarding the simple operation of the system thank you.:?

You click the link on mininova, the download window opens in your browser and you choose to open it instead of saving... Really not that difficult, mate...

When you click on "Download This Torrent", IE should ask you what you want to do with the file: Open, Save or Cancel. Click Open. If it doesn't automatically open uTorrent, it will prompt you to choose which program you want to use to open the file. Find uTorrent (obviously) and select that. If there's an option somewhere on the screen to make that the default program for that kind of file, select that as well. (BTW, you may find it easier to use Firefox, a browser that I, and no doubt many people here, highly recommend.)

When uTorrent opens, a window should open called "Add New Torrent." Click Okay. You should then be in business.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

/edit: beaten by avidvideo

So...you click on the "download torrent" and nothing happens?

Try right clicking -> save target as and save the .torrent file on a location.
Double click the file, normally utorrent should open.
If that doesn't happen, just go to utorrent and say: open new torrent and direct it to the location of the torrent you just saved to your hard drive.

/edit: beaten by avidvideo

So...you click on the "download torrent" and nothing happens?

Try right clicking -> save target as and save the .torrent file on a location.
Double click the file, normally utorrent should open.
If that doesn't happen, just go to utorrent and say: open new torrent and direct it to the location of the torrent you just saved to your hard drive.

Yes thats correct the icon just spins and nothing happens. No window opens to dowload or anything. If it did i would be able to figure it out...lol I tried opening the torrent up in my firefox browser and it just does the same thing as my microsoft explorer browser. I tried to save the torrent but it wont let me save the file just the link to my computer.