What TGUS Presenter to Drop? [Part 2]

What TGUS Presenter to Drop? [Part 2]

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
A continuation of this thread but with "none" available as an option in the poll.

I voted none. Each have their issues, especially Tanner (stiff as a board), but I can't say that I want to see any of them replaced. They're all good and given time I think they have a chance to be great.

I say drop richard hammond and replace him on TGUK with rutlege wood. Rutlege rocks!

(i voted "none")

I also voted None. I think each presenter is great, it's just a matter of getting comfortable on the show and in front of the cameras.

now, this is a proper poll.

damn noobs can't do anything right.

Yeah, glad I could chose "none" this time. But really, if I had to choose, as in, if I don't all my family is gonna be killed in a horrible fashion, Adam has to go.

Last edited:
None of them. I think they have great chemistry with one another. Something that even the first group of Top Gear UK didn't have. That's why James May entered the scene in Series 2. I think these guys represent all aspects of America in their personalities.

NONE! Obviously.

Rutledge for sure. He has absolutely not skill as a presenter and doesn?t deserve the job. I don?t like this guy because he stereotypes all the wrong things about American culture and more. He is both fat and stupid but also awkward. He?s just an embarrassment. In the original thread somebody actually had the nerve to compare him to Jeremy Clarkson. I consider it a damn sacrilege to see the name Rutledge Wood in the same sentence as Jeremy Clarkson's, let alone have these two men be in direct comparison. First off Jeremy Clarkson is not fat, his weight fits his frame rather well for a man in his 50s. Secondly, Clarkson ?acts? stupid and awkward. He is a very articulate and gifted journalist when he?s not clowning around. Also his antics are entertaining while Rutledge?s are garbage. This redneck "is" stupid and awkward whatever he does. He looks at odds when interacting with his co-presenters, and he makes an uninteresting host when interviewing the celebrity guests on the show. I would be a very happy person if he?d just sod off and go home.

Last edited:
I really want to see them succeed, one season isn't enough for judgment. I can say that they have really started to come into color after the first two episodes, and there's much more potential. Best wishes for season two. :3

Yeah, glad I could chose "none" this time. But really, if I had to choose, as in, if I don't all my family is gonna be killed in a horrible fashion, Adam has to go.
same here

I actually like how Tanner is calm and lets his driving do much of the talking, not everyone has to be hyperactive.

You really don't understand what I was doing in the original thread, do you? I was satirizing the idiocy of and the double standards in your original statement.

It is a FACT Jeremy has called HIMSELF "fat" several times over current TG's run. Even Richard has teased him by calling him "fatty". Jeremy's had the beer belly for at least ten years now. Yet, to you, that doesn't matter. (In fact, if he didn't have the gut, I'd say he'd be pretty bloody scrawny!)

It is also a fact Jeremy has kissed the steering wheel of a car and licked his Ford GT. Yet, again, that doesn't matter to you.

But because Rutledge looks more like the average American, you don't like him and call him "fat" (even though he's pretty damn tall; I wouldn't be surprised if he's close to Jeremy's height). Rutledge licks a Ford pick-up truck, you think it's stupid and you dub him as such. That's a double standard.

It is a FACT Jeremy has called HIMSELF "fat" several times over current TG's run. Even Richard has teased him by calling him "fatty". Jeremy's had the beer belly for at least ten years now. Yet, to you, that doesn't matter. (In fact, if he didn't have the gut, I'd say he'd be pretty bloody scrawny!)

More than that. He had the beer gut going well before Old Top Gear ended. I'd say he's had it for 15 or so years now.

It is also a fact Jeremy has kissed the steering wheel of a car and licked his Ford GT. Yet, again, that doesn't matter to you.

And the kissing and licking has been on more than one occasion. I seem to remember him licking a Cool Wall photo.

But because Rutledge looks more like the average American, you don't like him and call him "fat" (even though he's pretty damn tall; I wouldn't be surprised if he's close to Jeremy's height). Rutledge licks a Ford pick-up truck, you think it's stupid and you dub him as such. That's a double standard.

Jeremy is 6'5" in Church of England. Rut is 6'3" in Southern Baptist.

Speaking of Southern, I think that's the whole issue right there. Jeremy did something that Rut never did, and I think it makes all the difference in perception. Jeremy got rid of any Yorkshire accent he had, while Rut didn't get rid of his Georgia drawl. If you sound like an urbane sophisticate while doing things like licking a car, it's funny. If you sound like a yokel and do things like lick a car, it's a sign of genetic damage from inbreeding.

My vote is currently for Adam - only because something about him that still doesn't come across well when he's filmed in the studio. I can't figure out if the lines of the script he has to follow, or if he's trying too hard and still is trying to adjust. He seems fine when they are outside the studio doing the challenges.

I also voted for Adam. That guy just isn't funny, and he doesn't seem to know much about cars either.

But mostly, it's because of one line. During the 3-way Lambo-test, he said something along the lines of, "I just flew into the sun!"

It was not cheesy... it was horrific. Traumatically cringeworthy, if you will. Every time I see him, I can't stop that line from popping into my head, and any respect for him becomes impossible.

You really don't understand what I was doing in the original thread, do you? I was satirizing the idiocy of and the double standards in your original statement.

Double standard? I didn't realize Rutledge Wood had a vagina. lol.

Hammond has been called hamster and May has been called homosexual, but we all know that neither of those are true...but lets drop this stupid argument on who is fatter, or who licks more things because it's irrelevant. My main issue with Rutledge is that he doesn't entertain me PERIOD. Actually a lot of what he says on the show really irks me because I find it mindless. True, Clarkson does also does and says stupid things, but they entertain everyone because he has TALENT. This is the difference

Overall, I think the whole USA take on the series is the worst rendition BBC has done to date. I don't understand why they chose this cast of presenters. There are countless numbers of car enthusiasts out there, that if given a chance, would show more talent and passion in presenting the show. A lot of what makes Top Gear UK so successful is that the presenters are clever and witty. This "feel" is also present in TG Australia. In Top Gear USA all the wit is gone. All I hear from ALL presenters (but ESPECIALLY Wood) is diluted, try-hard, and often times FAILED attempts at humor.

This is a real shame because the US has an awesome car culture. It is much more prevalent than for instance the one in the UK. Regretfully it's Top Gear representation fails.