Would you rather have JC or RH review a super car?

Danny Tran

or <br /><div class="bigusername">Tranny Dan?</div
(Of course James stays out of this discussion)

Watching a couple of rerune over the past few months has reminded me how diffrent their styles are:

Having Richard review the Bugatti or the Ford GT would have definetly sucked

but having Fezza review the Zonda F or the supercar italian roadsters would have been repetitive.

My question is have you noticed a trend in which presenter reviews which sort of car and if so, should it be any diffrent from now on?

Also, do you think that a past review sould have been done by a diffrent presenter?

Deffinately prefer jezza - hamster wears on me when he is on screen by himself

Richards review of that British supercar in the same episode of as the Veyron was crap if I remember correctly. Also his review of the Zonda F in the wet was just poor.

JC was born to test supercars...end of story.

I think it needs to change... James should no longer be "the other bloke from Top Gear"

i say its best to have a bit of both as long as RH doesn't try to copy JC like in the ascari review.

Chupacabras said:
I think it needs to change... James should no longer be "the other bloke from Top Gear"
Yes and that brings me onto another point which I mention before every season - we need to see more of James May. He's an awesome presenter with a unique touch. Just keep him away from the track with the oversteer and stuff because I'm not convinced he'll be able to cut it in that respect haha!!

I'd rather see James do them.. why.. because he's just awkward with them and it'd funny to see his reaction when he gets a bit too much oversteer :lol:

Jeremy.. just throws all inhibition out the window.. puts on a lead shoe and floggs it for all it's worth.. entertaining.. but still not as entertaining as may who on occassion accidently gets jeremys lead shoe and then proceeds to scare the crap outta himself.

Richard.. he trys to hard to be funny still.. but he's the best with crappy asian cars

WheatKing said:
Richard.. he trys to hard to be funny still.. but he's the best with crappy asian cars

...? :?

I think they'll all good at their own respective areas. Like Babe Ruth couldn't play baseketball, in the same respect Micheal Jordan couldn't play baseball (thats a fact). But put them in their own league, and they're are the stuff of legends. James is wonderful at reviewing the classics, I loved his review of the 300SL gullwing. Richard is getting a lot bettter. He used to wear on me as well but now he is starting to get a lot better. Jezza...well we all know how he is.

Carsightings said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Richards review of that British supercar in the same episode of as the Veyron was crap if I remember correctly. Also his review of the Zonda F in the wet was just poor.

JC was born to test supercars...end of story.

x2

x3

Re: Would you rather have JC or RH review a super car?

Danny Tran said:
but having Fezza review the Zonda F

A Ferrari reviewing a car? Bizarre thought you have there.

Anyway, Hammond is better than clarkson at the more unusual cars, like that Morgan he reviewed. I can't imagine JC reviewing it as well. While JC does better with the uber-powerrr super cars. James is better than either at the stuff seen as 'boring'.

It works out well.

I think it really depends on the car. Sometimes a car really benefits from Hammonds boyish enthusiasm and flamboyancy, and sometimes a car comes off better when its held under the scrutiny of Jeremy's Clarkson-isms. Jeremy does a good job of looking at things half empty. He'll come off sounding like he hates a car, but at the end of the segment, a lot of times the sum of the cars parts will win him over. But from Hammond, from start to finish I get a much better sense of the way a car makes you feel. Clarkson is more technical. Which I guess is great if he's reviewing a car you're actually going to buy. But since we're talking about supercars and most of us will never drive one, let alone own one, Top Gear gets about as close as we'll get, and I think they both do a fantastic job of it.

And I'd like to see more of James as well. I often think he's the funniest of the bunch, mostly because he doesn't seem to think he's funny. He's the voice of reason in a show full of hooligans, which makes him right to host segments about luxury cars, but it'd be great to see him review a supercar next season. Would have been great to see him review the Ascari.

And whoever said that Hammond made a hash of the Zonda F review is off. That segment was brilliant, if only too short.

May should do a supercar review, and just totally take the piss out of clarkson while doing it. with really shitty metaphors, ridiculous overstressing of words and oversteer with filters and camera angles to the tune of some movie from the last year.

But clarkson should do all other supercar reviews, he's the master of them. He makes what would be just supercar after supercar review into totally unique reviews

forexample:

McMerc had the brake test
Carrera GT had all that silicon carbide crap
enzo had the book stuff
F430 had the race with the ferrari test driver
Viper wrote it's own name
Evo FQ400 had the lambo race and the top gear floor down against a fiat diesel.

otherwise it would just be lap after lap after lap

Chupacabras said:

I'm with him.

Clarkson's supercar reviews are somewhat predictable - either he picks out the negative components or the positive things, and then comes out by saying but...and then why he does or doesn't like it or not.

I'm not saying that James May should get every supercar, but the only 'track filming' he gets to do are segments like the 'rerecording the theme tune'. Both Hammond and JC get to do filming on the track, Cayman or Ascari or Monaro.

Give May a go...one supercar, one 8 minute review. See how he does. Bet it's really watchable and entertaining.

I wish they would take them to the "real roads" more often instead of just powersteering it around the airfield...

teeb said:
Chupacabras said:

I'm with him.

Clarkson's supercar reviews are somewhat predictable - either he picks out the negative components or the positive things, and then comes out by saying but...and then why he does or doesn't like it or not.

I'm not saying that James May should get every supercar, but the only 'track filming' he gets to do are segments like the 'rerecording the theme tune'. Both Hammond and JC get to do filming on the track, Cayman or Ascari or Monaro.

Give May a go...one supercar, one 8 minute review. See how he does. Bet it's really watchable and entertaining.

he's said himself that he can thrash around the track, when he is required too... "like playing bagpipes, a gentleman can, but he dosent"

I think JC is better at supercars, although RH is doing fine, really. JC is just better in general, because he has the 'highest standard' from the three, he has a supercar, he's very blunt, and he's the sort of people that would push supercar manufacturers to think forward. You know what I mean?