[Idiocy] Porsche Boxster is dropped from a great height

public

Captain Slow Charging
Car(s)
Atomic toaster
A Finnish radio station held a poll, about whether to destroy the used Boxster hanging from a crane or to give it away. For some reason, destroying it got more votes and they dropped it yesterday. What a waste... :mad:

4sh3jm.jpg

n48twn.jpg

Video: http://www.iltalehti.fi/nettitv/?27990464

Interestingly, almost every source spells it "Porche Boxter" :rolleyes:

That really is useless. Should have auctioned it and given the proceeds to charity or something. Really, anything. :x

What a waste of a perfectly good car, well if its a 3.2 then what a waste, but if its a 2.5...That's fine.

What?

I need money and there are people dropping porsche's from cranes???

Id pay a hundred bucks to drive one of them and people are destroying them for fun?

:|

Thanks Sprite Zero and all the sponsors eager to slap their names on everything. I'll remember to associate your brand with wasteful douchbaggery next time I pass up your product.

Sadly I cannot think of anything Fininish that is worth to be destroyed in a show like that... maybe a container full of Nokia phones dropped from high and then being rolled over by a bulldozer?

I'd vote for that :D

If it was a base model or an automatic, no biggie.

Once it's hanging like that, I really wouldn't want to drive it anyway.

^ You mean getting in the car when it's hanging at that height and then attempting to somehow drive it?

Yeah I wouldn't do that either :p, I'm sure most of us wouldn't.

Maybe they can recycle the metal or something and get some money from that. Or sell any intact pieces as parts :p

Sadly I cannot think of anything Fininish that is worth to be destroyed in a show like that... maybe a container full of Nokia phones dropped from high and then being rolled over by a bulldozer?

The Boxster is in fact half Finnish.

If it was a base model or an automatic, no biggie.

And why, exactly, does this matter? As if S's or manuals are so rare that losing one example will be a terrible loss :)

I personally don't give a shit what they do with a Boxster that they own, it's just another car... I don't blame the voters either (except for listening to NRJ of course), a chance of winning it if they decided to give it away is tiny. So destroying it is only a logical choice :)

nnnooooooooo :(
I would have taken it
crying.gif

also: dear manly forum, need moar sad smileys

Ah so the hate is still strong? :p :D

looks like an older-ish model. could be worht only about 20-25k so..not a HUUGE loss. At least people voted for this destruction...unlike Redline

I'd vote for its destruction. Hell, if it was a GT3 I'd vote for the drop, just to see the car-nage. Then I'd steel the wheels.