Random Thoughts....

I just walked past my local Shell garage and saw two things that caught my eye. The first was a lady in an Audi estate parked up, with pipes in the tank and engine, next to a van marked "Fuel Contamination" in big letters to add to the embarrassment. I laughed.

The second was a section blocked off. There was a van and a car, but also large studio-style lights positioned as if to light the background. The thing that caught my eye was a Sharan with the boot open and what was clearly a camera in the back. There were a load of men fiddling with stuff etc, but now I'm paranoid that it's Top Gear and the boys haven't arrived yet. Its too far to go randomly, but I will probably kill myself if that garage turns up on TG in one of those driving challenges.

An update from me on life: Great-grandma is in the nursing home, and is conversing with dead people. Grandmother is out of the hospital and requires oxygen for 2 months (which means I need to haul around these damn tanks everywhere).

Stuck on evdo, but it's not too bad. When the phone is in the right spot, I get 1.5mbit. But that's usually not the case, so I get less-than-56k speeds..

Good things about finals is the half days, however the day does seem to drag on a bit because of the actual testing.

Can someone tell me what Jalopnik is, please?
I don't wanna go on it now, because of the spoilers
:S

Jalopnik is pure undiluted 110% automotive awesome. Trust me on this. ;)

BOOZE CRUISE! :D

Went to Tallinn, Estonia with a friend today to stock up on alcohol. The idiot politicians raised the alcohol tax by another 10% this year, so my money is now going to the neighbours. Spent 215? total on the trip, ~160? of which was spent on booze. I've now got enough to last me about a year (not that heavy of a drinker). I'll post pics of the spoils if you like, can't be bothered if no-one's interested :)

Went to Tallinn, Estonia with a friend today to stock up on alcohol. The idiot politicians raised the alcohol tax by another 10% this year, so my money is now going to the neighbours. Spent 215? total on the trip, ~160? of which was spent on booze. I've now got enough to last me about a year (not that heavy of a drinker). I'll post pics of the spoils if you like, can't be bothered if no-one's interested :)

You coming here into my country, stealing MY alcohol! :mad:

:lol:

How much is booze is Estonia? For what does the average bottle of Swedish or Finnish vodka go? 165? would last me about 2 weeks in booze.

You coming here into my country, stealing MY alcohol! :mad:

:lol:

Super Alko is your friend aswell :D I have to say that the Finns, despite not ranking highest on the Europen drinking statistics, have a very specific style :D At first we couldn't find the store, so we just picked a car with Finnish plates at random, and followed it. Took us straight to the end of the rainbow :D Also, ALL of the customers at super alko were from Finland :)

And come on, how could we not steal your alcohol when it's about half the price of what the stuff costs here. ;) Overall I don't like Estonia (Don't be offended, but it reminds me in some ways of Russia) that much, but you can't beat your prices :)

EDIT: I can post you a picture of the receipt of my batch (it's not the whole of my stash, but nearly) to see some of the prices. In Finland we get anal raped with taxes on alcohol..

Last edited:

Post. Post. Post.

For some weird reason I enjoy alcohol in large quantities :)

Now that I think about it, I haven't drunk liquor since...March. Wow!
But in 10 days I'm going back home (Bulgaria) and will be back to full alcoholic mode. Can't wait :)

Post. Post. Post.

For some weird reason I enjoy alcohol in large quantities :)

Now that I think about it, I haven't drunk liquor since...March. Wow!
But in 10 days I'm going back home (Bulgaria) and will be back to full alcoholic mode. Can't wait :)

I could imagine that Bulgaria was a cheap place to buy booze from :) I'll post pics of the whole batch in about on hour, a friend has a few Vodka bottles in his pack which he is going to drop off for me. After that, I can photo the whole pile. It's not TOO impressive in size since I bought some quality brands like Jaegermeister, etc. Had I just bought the cheapest 40% Vodka, I could have had dozens of bottles :)

It's not so cheap anymore.

A bottle of a fairly good vodka, ABSOLUT for example, costs 13-14EUR in the supermarket.
In the club - that's a different story - 70EUR per bottle :)

It's not so cheap anymore.

A bottle of a fairly good vodka, ABSOLUT for example, costs 13-14EUR in the supermarket.

It's still half prize if you compare it to Sweden..
That's why we go to Germany!

from a swedish point of view IT DAMN IS CHEAP!

These guys get really raped with alcohol prices :D