A short thought on the Dodge Viper [And a poll]

A short thought on the Dodge Viper [And a poll]

• Total voters

A7XFan22

Now that Fiat has brought the Dodge Viper back from the grave, do you think that Alfa Romeo could bring out a replacement to the 8C Competizione? Since the 8C has already gone out of production, and with Fiat's recently business partnership with Chrysler, do you think this could happen?

I think it would be good as long they didn't ruin the styling of the 8C too much.

Rebadge the viper as a 8C ?

Use the platform? Sure. Build it out of the same factory? Maybe, ok.

But directly using the Viper to pass off as a red-blooded Alfa Romeo? The two brands represent completely opposing philosophies: Alfa Romeos have always been about precision and passion and Italian sophistication, while the Viper is a glorious, batshit insane engine on wheels. Both are brilliant in their own ways, but combining the two would definitely lead to war, and I would be taking up arms.

No. Completely different styles or car, you'd have to be mad.

One is pansy Italian grace.
The other is dumb American muscle.

Before any fanboys complain, note that both those descriptions include the positives and negatives of each.

Seems a bit far fetched, doesn't it?

Also, they could rebadge the Challenger as the 2010 Ferrari F1 car or vice versa. Duh.

Last edited:
I would be curious sto see what Alfa Romeo would design on the Viper's underpinnings. But for it actually happening? Hell no.

Remove rust protection, remove cable insulation, poke a little hole in the fuel lines. :)

8C = 8 cylinder

Viper = V10.

That's just the start of how horribly awful this idea is.

As Will Smith says in every movie he's in..."Awww HELLLL NO!"

Last edited:
8C = 8 cylinder

Viper = V10.

That's just the start of how horribly awful this idea is.

Well, we could just hack off two cylinders, that'd work! Oh wait, we could just throw a Hemi in there! "Hey, your furrin' Eye-tally-an car got a HEMI?" You betcha!

:p :roll:

No.

Alfa-Romeo-8C-Competizione-014.jpg
2008_dodge_viper_srt10_1.jpg

Again, no. Everyone else has already pointed out the other flaws in this idea.

Why ruin the viper?

I don't see why Alfa couldn't build a new car on the Viper underpinnings. The 8C was based on an outdated Maserati platform and the car itself was unanimously determined to be crap at everything it was claimed to be.