Lens Flair

Shawn, I think it works in terms of focus, but the b&w is not working for me. It looks almost like it does not go with that subject. If it's true b&w (like film) is there anyway you can tone it? Maybe it's just me, and I'm being a bit cliche today, but, I'm sorry, I can't help but look at that and think it would make a nice cyanotype.

No film, I'm just a newbie with a D40.

I'm not sure why I turned that black and white... I think because I wasn't too fond of the colours in the original. Here's the color version if you want to have a look.

Thanks for the C&C, much appreciated.

I initially did one where all four rows of boats was sharp, but since the boats take up most of the picture having them all in focus would mean the tilt-shift would be almost unnoticeable.

Do you guys think it works this way, with only the middle row of boats in focus?

The main issue I see is that you haven't really done a focus gradient - that is, objects further in the background aren't noticeably more blurred than OOF objects just behind the boats.

Anyway, onwards.

15b0f7cc.jpg

I am never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever doing this again:

nabefaacp.jpg

Thanks 47!

Here's another from the hike. Taken higher up, at about 1000 meters and since this is between two glaciers there's still alot of snow on late June. Kinda strange walking in snow in 20?c.:rolleyes:

DSC_6711.jpg

The main issue I see is that you haven't really done a focus gradient - that is, objects further in the background aren't noticeably more blurred than OOF objects just behind the boats.

I know what you mean, point taken.

I only put a gradient over the middle row so there's no gradual effect... I couldn't get it to work otherwise, either part of the middle row would be blurred or part of the neighbouring rows would be in focus. So I just gave up and took the easy way out, heh.

DSC_1874.jpg

these windows are doing the mexican wave :p

Canada day fireworks from last night. The top bursts and the bottom fireworks are seperate pictures, which is also the reason for the tallness. Didn't get too many good shots this year, and the show wasn't nearly as long as is was two years ago (I was in London this time last year so I obviously missed the canada day fireworks last year).

Also the security decided to be retarded this year and put the safety fence just barely in front of A BUNCH OF TREES so it took a long time to find a clearing to set up in.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2009/07/02/IMG_3303.jpg

/anticipates seeing fireworks pictures from the yanks in a couple days

^^ Epic photo(s) indeed!

A little memorial to something no-longer needed. Just a quick grab - no real setting up.

wkpvzl.jpg

Last edited:
S4-K3Night036.jpg

My first attempt at shooting anything of substance. Feel free to send me a PM with tips or advice. Nikon D40 with kit lens.

^ turn down the vignetting, it doesn't really suit photo i think.

DSC_1843.jpg

^I agree, IMHO the only bird that can pull off a vignette is possibly a vulture.

^ turn down the vignetting, it doesn't really suit photo i think.

DSC_1843.jpg

^I agree, IMHO the only bird that can pull off a vignette is possibly a vulture.

I didn't know critiques resided here too, especially in this thread particularly...

anyways, thanks for the advice.

PS: I hope you haven't neg-repped me for this too :p