Random Thoughts....

It figures.. I have my first major presentation today and the world ends? I hoped it would end BEFORE i had to do this...

Lame. So yesterday I went to play some BF2 with mah brudda and his friend and his brudda, but it didn't want to work. Whatever, I just played it on my lappy, fix it later. So anyways, after trying all kinds of different fixes, and uninstalling and reinstalling BF2, I've ruled out everything else so I have concluded that BF2 is terribly coded and is incompatible with my soundcard. INCOMPATIBLE WITH MY SOUNDCARD. It just does not work on Vista with an X-Fi. Super lame. Well, anyways, I just cleared 200 gigs off my D drive (mostly all temporary backups that were no longer needed and should've been deleted a long time ago), 35 off my C drive, and now I'm going to have to make a little partition and put XP on it. Also I uninstalled my sound drivers, but then the game wouldn't launch at all. *sigh*

Can we make the world end before I have to turn in my big project? I would rather nap now and do the project after the impending apocalypse.

I'm on vacation this week, and due to a lack of funds will be spending it at home :( however you meet some strange people closing down a bar on Sunday.

Just popping in before the world ends,

Mirrors Edge has made me nauseous after a couple of hours of game play.

OK...I have about 4 and a half hours till my Business Maths tutorial.

I can either do some reading for Finance and Risk Management, spend the whole time mooching around online, or go to the SU and read Fear and Loathing...

Then again, with just the right amount of caffine I could do all 3...

Bollix, and now I have the hiccups.:mad:

also, is there a way of making curly hair not-curly again

yup - permanent reverse perm (works until you get regrowth, to you can end up with frizzy hair near your head and straight at the ends). Can lead to hair breakage long term.

Temporary, there are lots of straightening solutions on the market, mostly you rub a handful through damp hair and then spend the next two hours with a wide brush and hairdryer, or straightening irons. Or you con someone into doing it for you (or pay your hairdresser to get the trainee to do it). Then, you have to protect it from getting wet and praying for days of low humidity.

yup - permanent reverse perm (works until you get regrowth, to you can end up with frizzy hair near your head and straight at the ends). Can lead to hair breakage long term.

Temporary, there are lots of straightening solutions on the market, mostly you rub a handful through damp hair and then spend the next two hours with a wide brush and hairdryer, or straightening irons. Or you con someone into doing it for you (or pay your hairdresser to get the trainee to do it). Then, you have to protect it from getting wet and praying for days of low humidity.

Just be careful with the straightening iron, don't overdo it and be too anal about it.

A friend of mine uses the straightened on average twice every day, and her hair is destroyed, really thin and burned.:(

As for me, I haven't used a hairdryer or straightener in about 3 years :)
Don't need a brush/comb either, just my fingers :D

^ you can use a straightening iron every day if you want to, you just have to take good care of your hair before, during and after straightening it. Using treatment serums and thermal shield sprays stops your hair from being damaged, and letting your hair cool before straightening a section again stops your hair from burning and works better than on hot hair.

(salon rant)

Also, always buy salon stuff. Things from supermarkets, department stores, etc are very generic and tend to be not as good for your hair. You are also self-diagnosing and treating any hair problems you have, which can make things worse. It's like comparing supermarket ough mixture to the pharmacy only stuff. The latter is better formulated, has better ingredients and is often recommended for your specific situation.

Finally, get a good straightener. Here i have to be popularist and recommend a ghd. I have had one for 3 years now and it is perfect. In the meantime, my friend has gone through countless, cheaper ones and they constantly break, burn her hair and don't give as good results. In the end, it is better for your hip pocket and your hair to buy the best.

Yeah, massive rant here. And I know what I am talking about- my mum and aunt are hairdressers and own a salon together that I regularly work in. I use a straightening iron every day (my hair is naurally a weird cross between straight and curly) and colour it frequently (again, professional job and products!!!!), and I have the thickest, healthiest hair of anybody I know. It is one of my favourite things about me- I love it :)

Yeah definitely need to use good quality stuff if you're doing stuff to your hair...I've bleached mine from black to peroxide blonde but it's still nice and healthy, mainly because I keep it short so that the ends are usually fine. I did perm it once and killed it dead, I had to chop off about a foot.