Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's me again.

and yes it's about the Car (and Motorcycle) thread.

Even though the list was updated (thx mgkdk :) ), it wasn't updated correctly.

All the cars are to be listed and sorted alphabetically first, then by manufacturer, then chassis model, finally model year. Some cars have more detailed info, for example I will list the chassis code for most BMW and Mercedes models. (eg : E46/E36/W201)

Really, you guys can save all this sort of trouble by making a simple exception to the rule.

Uh, no. We aren't making you a mod.

Couldn't you make a usergroup for the "keepers of mega-long threads" like MadCow and vikirad that would give them the exception to edit their older posts but not make them a mod? Sort of like the usergroup that can't use the rep system (except instead of taking away a permission, you'd be adding one)?

< doesn't really know if that's possible, but it's an idea

Last edited:
Couldn't you make a usergroup for the "keepers of mega-long threads" like MadCow and vikirad that would give them the exception to edit their older posts but not make them a mod? Sort of like the usergroup that can't use the rep system (except instead of taking away a permission, you'd be adding one)?

Nope, at least not in vB3. It's a global setting.

That's not what I asked for.

You may have not realized it, but yes, that's what would be required to do what you were asking for. ;)

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Sometimes when I press the bookmark on my iGoogle homepage to get to the forums it returns this instead.

That a hosting bug or what?

Uh, says file not found. What exactly is the error?

As in, when I click the bookmark to go to forums.finalgear.com that page shows up.

Something going wrong with your Hosting Service?

What exactly is in your bookmark? And where is it? Some page or your browser?

FinalGear.com Forums : http://forums.finalgear.com/

On iGoogle, using google.com/bookmarks

That's why I find it weird. It's also only started happening in the past couple of weeks. Something to do with the new server/colo site?
Using Chrome btw.

Oh, that exact page shows up? That is odd. AFAIK this site has nothing to do with file2store.info. Must be a bug in iGoogle.

Edit: Reproduced it a few times, reinstalled vbseo, and the problem can't be reproduced.. yet. Going to keep n eye on it.

Last edited:
I would like to see an option to hide the game forum, kinda like the NSFW one. Would be great if it was visible by default and one could opt-out in control panel. Or the other way around if that's easier.

It tends to fill half of the page when I click new posts, and I know I never ever visit any of those threads. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.