2010 Tour de France

Why? Getting the green jersey is about being a bit more complete than being stone dead last (like Cavendish) on every single mountain stage and only doing well on flat stages.

The green jersey is for the most consistant finisher.

Why? Getting the green jersey is about being a bit more complete than being stone dead last (like Cavendish) on every single mountain stage and only doing well on flat stages.

flat stages are a lot harder to shape in your advantage. if you can win one like that, you're much more of a cyclist than one that collects his points by running away from the competition...

jurgen van den broeck third???

a belgian on the podium? how many years since that last happened :D
(but menchov is still in front of him isn't he? he might get 3rd :()

Last edited:
^god damned! i should've shut up, now he has a flat tire :mad:

flat stages are a lot harder to shape in your advantage. if you can win one like that, you're much more of a cyclist than one that collects his points by running away from the competition...

Cavendish is free to follow if he wants.

It's pretty much a two-horse race now. And I do hope Andy Schleck ends up on top :D Pretty awesome achievement by Team Saxo Bank to win the Tour with two different riders in three years if it happens :)

All in all a fantastic stage today. I don't really like Evans, so not too saddened that he's more or less out of the race :)

i can't stand that guy either! not even when he still drove for lotto

No more green for Thor, but in honesty he hasn't performed at all in the sprints this year. He will really have to come up with something clever in the pyrenees.

did Robby McEwen stop? he wasn't mentioned at all during todays sprint, and he was already pretty beat up, and was sick so i wouldn't be surprised

Yesterday he said he very likely wouldn't be able to do much more this year.

I think Andy lost time because he took a damn long time to responde to the attack, which is unusual for Andy.

Apparently Contador has his edge on the shorter, steeper hills while Schleck is better on the very long climbs.

Green back to Hushovd after catching 10 points in the 2 sprints today.

I think Renshaw's DQ was a bit harsh. Dean was being very aggressive trying to force him across to box Cavendish in. Neither was playing fair really.
Bad news for Cavendish that Farrar is out. It is one less person to get between him and Pettachi/Hushovd in the sprints. I still think Hushovd will end up in green, largely though intelligence rather than raw sprinting ability.