Any 360 owners using non HDTVs ?

I'm using mine on a 42" HDTV, and it's amazing. It's obviously not as good on a SDTV, but it's still pretty spectacular. Definitely worth it, in my opinion.

I'm using my Samsung computer monitor, and i have the speakers connected up to my Logitech Z-5500 thru digital optical cable. if you by the microsoft vga cables, it'll come with a rca to 3.5mm stereo plug for the "input" on your sound card.

I would hook it up to your monitor only if it has HDMI input. If you use a VGA box, it'll only display in SD rather than HD.

Who told you that? There is no HDMI port on a 360 to start with, and actually the VGA cable is currently the best way to get 1080p out of the Xbox 360 (the standard HD cable also work but on DL TV they mention they had some issue with that on some TV's and the VGA worked for them on all of there TVs). I have my xobx hooked up to my 19in and while its a standard size, i can output near 1080p (the actually resolution is something else as it must make up for the fact my screen is 4:3 and not 16:9).
So if you have a wide screen monitor, and it can handle the res you can output up too 1080p.

I play 360 on my sony 68cm (26" for those *shudder* non metric people) and it's fucking terriable, everything is blury and crap a total waste of time for pretty much any game... That said however the VGA cable makes things better playing on my 19" Samsung monitor but it's still not that good...

Guess what Hidden_Hunter is saving up for...

I'm using my Samsung computer monitor, and i have the speakers connected up to my Logitech Z-5500 thru digital optical cable. if you by the microsoft vga cables, it'll come with a rca to 3.5mm stereo plug for the "input" on your sound card.

I'm gonna get the M$ cables soon, I can't read any text on the regular TV. And you have the same gamerprofile picture are I do. :D

I have a 51 inch CRT (rear projection) running at 1080i for Gears, but 480i for everything else b/c most games do not support it. The graphics are good but not nearly as good as LCD or plasma...obiously.

I have a 51 inch CRT (rear projection) running at 1080i for Gears, but 480i for everything else b/c most games do not support it. The graphics are good but not nearly as good as LCD or plasma...obiously.

Games do not support the TV or 1080i? Because i'm running all of the games i've played at 1080i (and letting my projector handle the conversion), and had no problems. If your games aren't working in 1080i (or at least 720p) there's something not right.

my games work...but they are off of the screen for the heath bars and such. My tv is too old to handle the conversions lol.

There is no HDMI port with the standard 360 so when you go to the HDMI channel on the TV you don't get very much, connecting though the component after using it on a SDTV you notice immediately the difference and it is impressive. Mine is currently running 1080p/i and looks damn good.

Quote from a site for the difference between 1080p and 1080p/i
"HDMI 1080p vs component 1080p/i
We're going to be totally honest here, we hardly noticed a damn difference at all. We figured the best visual test would be playing in 1080p on both HDMI and component video, and we were right. What little difference we did notice, we noticed it with that test. In a couple of darker scenes in Gears there seemed to be a little more depth to the blacks (and a bit more distance detail because of it). But to tell you how subtle it was, we didn't even notice it until we literally started flipping back and forth as fast as we could. Fast motion, spinning, action, all the rest -- it looks almost identical on both consoles."

i'm using a 19" HDTV for mine. it's a samsung, so even though it's only small, it still has a good picture, and will run 1080i. no 1080p for me though. you do notice a bit of pixelation but that doesn't really bother me muchm :) gears looks reall good compared to SD LCDs

Once I move up to school I have to downgrade from playing on my 30" 1080i to a 27" SDTV :cry:

Once I move up to school I have to downgrade from playing on my 30" 1080i to a 27" SDTV :cry:

buy a mobile home, or get private tutoring at home ;)

I'll be in my own apartment, I just dont feel like moving it 4 times a year. :rolleyes:

24" LCD @ 1080i, 65" Mitsubishi Rear-Projection @ 1080i.

Depends on where I want to play at the time.. I have a 20" flat Akai CRT that that I use with the Dreamcast and older consoles, but my 360 stays in HD all the time.

Now if you use a VGA/Dsub cable with your 360, you have the choice of nearly ANY resolution (partial list):
vgakabel360.jpg

English is better, only because i understand that and not Deutsch