XBOX Fanboys: Convince me

New question: what should my 1st game be?

I am leaning towards Gear of War. Mainly because I hear its incredible but also because I hear the online play is good.

Well, I got one today :)

Been playing a little Crackdown and Test Drive Unlimited. :)

Which genre of games are you into?

I have the mental capacity of a 10 year old, therefore I like the following:

Sports
Racing (also games that have to do with cars)
Violence (SOCOM for PS2, Gears of War tickles my fancy, Grand Theft Auto, etc.)

I was thinking about Test Drive Unlimited as well, though I think I'll rent that first. I'm asking because I want to know what game I should buy along with the 360. I'd rather own at least 1 game, then maybe rent a few to see what I like.

Last edited:
Gears of War would be great for you then. Although I suggest you read through the Test Drive Unlimited Forum first. Some points where made there that I agree with very much, where it has the potential to ruin a game.

A good violent game is Crackdown, it is similar to Grand Theft Auto. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas is also a good one.

For a racing game that is right in the middle of arcade and simulation is Project Gotham Racing. If you want a simulation racing game, then you'll have to wait for Forza 2, which is coming out in May.

I have a feeling Forza will blow people's mind...entire chassis swaps!!!. I am definetely putting a vette engine in a solstice.

Hasnt that been done before in real life! lol

I can't believe it $20,000 for a supercharger

Last edited:
I went and added some people's GamerTags I saw in an old thread. If you get an invite from DarkL1ghtn1ng that's me!

BTW, I am enjoying Crackdown more the more I play it.

I was like WTF IS THIS!!!BBBQ...then I figured it was a finalgear guy again:p We should all put "Finalgear.com" in our motto so we remember who each other is.

Just bought mine today. 8)

Couldn't enjoy playing Gears of War just yet, I wanted to get on Xbox Live too much. I'm downloading a couple demos then I'll get down to some playing.

Last edited:
Just bought mine today. 8)

Couldn't enjoy playing Gears of War just yet, I wanted to get on Xbox Live too much. I'm downloading a couple demos then I'll get down to some playing.

Make sure to add your gamertag to your forum profile!

Gamertag updated 8)

Add away fellas, I could use some people on the friends list. I should be on ALL day tomorrow.

edit: everyone download the Test Drive demo so we can trash talk and crash into eachother

Last edited:
i might be on gears this afternoon, and i have the TDU demo already. my gamertag is Sharksfin2, so keep an eye out for me. i've had me 'box since christmas, and i bought the wireless adaptor soon after (well worth getting if you want to play online and don't want a huge cable going round the house)

if you wanna do co-op in gears i'm up for that too. half way through Hardcore camaign.

I'm having a problem. :(

After a bit of playing Gears of War, a message will pop up and say "this disc is unreadable etc." I hit ok and go back to the dashboard. I can go right back to the game and start at my last check point, but come on, its a day old. :mad:

I'm having a problem. :(

After a bit of playing Gears of War, a message will pop up and say "this disc is unreadable etc." I hit ok and go back to the dashboard. I can go right back to the game and start at my last check point, but come on, its a day old. :mad:

Is the disc scratched? Put in a different disc (DVD, CD) and see if the Xbox 360 is causing the scratches. Do you have the unit sitting vertically or horizontally?

Disc is in 100% perfect condition. I have it standing vertically.